I found another great find on eMeals.com – Spaghetti Lover’s Soup! I think the thing I like is that the recipes remind me of Sandra Lee that does the Semi-Homemade – they’re easy recipes that take something familiar and then add some extras to it – to make it unique.
Just a reminder – the recipe is for 4-6 servings…you can cut down as needed.
The other ingredients are so simple – water, tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, Italian seasoning, sugar and spaghetti (or linguine in my house).
This was really tasty! When you reheat it – it gets very thick and more like goulash. It’s just great when you find something unique and easy that actually tastes good!
And one more time to just tell you how great eMeals.com is – it’s flexible – you can choose from 9 meal plans – choose how many servings and even choose a store you shop at. eMeals.com then spits out recipes and grocery lists! It’s awesome – it makes grocery shopping so much easier and cheaper!
Spaghetti Lover’s Soup
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 25 min
- 1 lb extra-lean ground beef
- 1/2 c chopped onion
- 1/2 c chopped celery
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 (14 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cups jarred spaghetti sauce
- 1 T sugar
- 1/2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 2 oz dried spaghetti, broken into 2″ pieces
- In a large Dutch oven, combine beef, onion, celery, pepper and garlic
- Cook over medium heat until beef is browned & crumbly; drain well
- Add 2 1/2 cups water, diced tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, sugar and Italian seasoning; bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer
- Add spaghetti; cook 10-15 minutes or until pasta is tender