This sweet and spicy snack mix is perfect for any occasion! It was really fun to think of all the crazy things we could put together and I have to say – you might think – how do peanut butter m&ms go with wasabi peas?? But they do!
How to spice up chex mix
Can you make spicy snack mix in the air fryer?
This holiday snack mix gift definitely can be made in the air fryer and it’s half the time of the oven!
This spicy snack mix is great for gifts – I packaged them up and shared them with friends for the holidays. If you’re looking for other gift ideas you could check out my holiday simmer bags! Or if you want a no-bake trail mix, check out my Monster Mix!
Extreme Country Boy Spicy Snack Mix
- Amazon Snack Mix Shopping List
- 1 cup honey roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup sesame sticks
- 2 cups peanut butter Chex cereal
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 3/4 cup wasabi peas
- 1 stick butter
- 2 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoongarlic powder
- 1/2 cup peanut butter m&ms
- 1/2 chocolate covered cashews – chopped into smaller pieces
How to cook Extreme Country Boy Spicy Snack Mix
- In large bowl mix together peanuts, sunflower seeds, sesame sticks, Chex, pistachios and wasabi peas.
- In microwave safe bowl (or tall drinking glass), place one stick buttter, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and garlic powder. Take parchment from butter stick and place on top of glass. Microwave for 1 minute or until butter melts.
- Stir melted butter to mix all spices together
- Toss spiced butter with cereal mix to coat all pieces.
- Now it’s time to bake the spices in!
- Air fryer Directions: Heat at 300 for 15 minutes and stir half way through. You’ll want to do this much mix in two batches.
- Oven Directions: Place on cookie sheet. Bake at 300 for 30 minutes and stir half way.
- After the mix is baked, you can add the peanut butter M&Ms and the chocolate covered cashew pieces.
- Store in mason jars or mason jar ziploc bags!