Then with the Sweet 16 in full gear (Xavier is playing as I type this and UK is tomorrow night!) – I wanted to make an appetizer that screams Cincinnati.
What’s Cincinnati also called? PORKOPOLIS! So…away we go!
This dip is simple to make – and as usual – if you are missing one ingredient – swap it with something you have. I used cream cheese, pickled jalapeno, bell pepper, black olives, bacon and ranch seasoning.
But – where’s the goetta??? Just wait!
I fried the goetta super thin and crispy until it’s not bendy and made goetta chips! I can’t take credit for the idea – my coworker said he knew someone that had done it – so I had to try it!
I hope you’ll try this while you’re watching UK and be as Cincinnati as you can be!
- (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 orange bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapenos, finely diced
- 1 small can black olives, chopped
- 4 slices bacon, fried and chopped
- 1 package ranch seasoning mix
- In a medium sized bowl and cream cheese, bell pepper, jalapeño, olives, bacon and ranch package. Mix together until incorporated.
- Serve immediately with your favorite chips or store for up to 24 hours.
- Goetta – semi-frozen
- Slice goetta as thin as possible – it helps if it’s still a little frozen so it doesn’t fall apart.
- Fry goetta on griddle – as you’re frying it – flatten goetta as thin as possible. You’ll want to keep flipping the goetta until it’s not bendy – about 5 min.
- Place goetta on paper towel to get any oil off.
- Serve with dip.