I decided to make these adorable (and tasty) Dirt Cake Parfaits! They’re super simple and only require a few ingredients: Pudding, Cool Whip, Oreos, Cream Cheese & Food Coloring – that’s it!
First – I whipped up some Vanilla instant pudding – you can also use white chocolate. The key here is to have something that will take to food coloring.
Once you’ve whisked together the milk and pudding mix – leave it set for 5 minutes to thicken up. It’s magically quick!
Then add in a tub of Cool Whip – oh how I love Cool Whip. I could literally just eat the whole tub on it’s own. Fold these together – it’ll be a beautiful creamy mixture that I dare say it’s impossible to taste test yourself!
I spooned some of the vanilla cream into a ziploc and added a few drops of red food coloring. Then I sealed the bag and mushed it all together to color the cream. Then I put this in the fridge for a bit.
Now it’s time for the “dirt” portion of the parfait! I got regular and golden Oreos. I know dirt is brown but I felt like having some golden dirt too 🙂
To make the dirt – you just pop a sleeve of Oreos into a food processor and chop them. I just got this KitchenAid food chopper/processor today – super cute – right?! I’ve been wanting one lately and I thought $40 wasn’t too bad.
I chopped a sleeve of each type of Oreos and set them aside – then I chopped another sleeve of each. I decided to make a couple kinds of dirt.
For the thicker dirt – I used the recipe that I made the Oreo Cake Balls – I really like the filling and don’t even need the chocolate on the outside. So I went with one sleeve of cookies to 1/3 block of cream cheese.
I mixed together the processed cookies and the cream cheese. I smushed them together with a spoon and a spatula.
I then started the layering! I put some of the cream cheese dirt in the bottom for a cake-like bottom. Then I sprinkled a little of the plain crushed Oreos on top for a little thicker layer.
Then I added the pink vanilla cream mixture. I snipped the end off of the ziploc bag to make a DIY piping bag. And yes – when the bag was empty – I squirted the rest right in my mouth! It’s too tasty not to!
So here starts the layering! Dirt + pudding + dirt + pudding… and we have a parfait!
I did two layers in these super cute little jars and then topped them with fun sprinkles. I cannot tell you how difficult it was to seal these and put them in the fridge!!!! I wanted to eat them – but no – MUST SAVE FOR BOB & SHEILA!!!
With multiple colors of cookies and vanilla cream and sprinkles – this is a great dessert that you can personalize and even have the kids help with! I sprinkled the traditional Oreos with pink sugar.
I definitely think that pudding + Cool Whip is going to be my go-to snack from now on! It is so tasty and even better when it’s pink!
- 4 oz cream cheese bar, softened
- 1 – 8 oz. container of cool whip
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 3 sleeves of Oreos
- Red food coloring
- Extra Oreos for garnish
- Sprinkles for garnish
- Mix 2 cups milk with Instant Pudding Mix and let sit for five minutes to thicken.
- Blend Oreos in food processor until pulverized. You can also use a rolling pin with the cookies in a gallon ziploc.
- Now that pudding is thick, add tub of Cool Whip and fold together. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Mix 1/2 oreos with 4 oz cream cheese (1/2 block) – this is now the “thick dirt”.
- Remove the pudding mixture from the refrigerator and place in a ziploc bag. Drop in red food coloring and mix until the desired shade is ready. Snip off the corner of your bag and use as a piping bag.
- Place a few tablespoons of the thick dirt in your cup or small jar. Add some of the colored pudding mixture from the piping bag. Then layer some of the plain Oreos (no cream cheese) and then another layer of pudding. Top off with sprinkles.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Leave a Reply