How to make egg & sausage breakfast casserole?
Can egg casserole be made ahead of time?
How long will breakfast casserole keep?
Can breakfast casserole be frozen?
This Loaded Farmhouse Breakfast Casserole is going to bring everyone to the table! If your family likes it spicy – you could add Jalapenos to the casserole and a splash of hot sauce when you serve it. And be sure you DICE the cheese – it’s gooier that way!
What to serve with breakfast casserole with eggs and sausage?
Loaded Farmhouse Breakfast Casserole
- 4 frozen hashbrown patties
- 1 cup crumbled sausage
- 1/2 cup diced ham
- 4 slices thick cut bacon, cooked and diced
- 1 pepper, -diced
- 1/2 yellow onion – diced
- 8 oz brick of cojack cheese – diced
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- optional: jalapeno slices, hot sauce
How to cook Loaded Farmhouse Breakfast Casserole
- preheat oven to 350
- while oven is preheating, heat hash brown patties
- air fry for 10 min – flipping half way through
- bake for 15 min
- cook bacon on stovetop – i recommend undercooking the bacon as it will cook more in the casserole
- once cooked, place bacon on paper towels
- drain half bacon fat and add ham, sausage, peppers and onions to skillet and sauté 3-4 minutes, set aside
- spray 8×8 baking dish with nonstick spray
- lay hash brown patties across bottom of pan
- if your 4 don’t fit – take the extra hash browns and break up and set aside
- beat 8 eggs with milk, salt and pepper in a large bowl
- add sautéed vegetables & sausage, bacon and diced cheese (and any extra hashbrowns and jalapenos if you want to spice it up) to eggs and mix together
- pour egg mixture over hash browns
- sprinkle shredded cheese on top
- bake at 350 for 12 minutes
- pull eggs from oven and pull sides of eggs in with a spatula – so uncooked eggs move to edges
- bake for an additional 12 minutes
- remove from the oven and let rest for 5-10 minutes
- serve and sprinkle with hot sauce!
– add 1/4 cup pickled jalapenos if you like it spicy
– you can use whatever cheese you like – even multiple kinds of cheese if you have some in the fridge. i recommend using diced cheese in the casserole for the gooey factor