How to Make Pumpkin Pie from scratch?
Well – it’s shockingly simple! You just add all the ingredients together and mix them together – then pour into a pie shell!
First you mix your dry ingredients (sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves). There’s no need for pumpkin pie spice – just add the actual spices – much better flavor! Then in your mixing bowl – beat your eggs. Add to the eggs pumpkin and your sugar/spices. Then you’ll add in the evaporated milk and the SECRET ingredient!
What’s the secret ingredient in Mom’s Pumpkin Pie?
Will pumpkin pie thicken as it cools?
Do you need to refrigerate pumpkin pie after you bake it?
Mom’s Best Cooking Recipes
Mom’s Secret Pumpkin Pie
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15 oz.) pure pumpkin
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) evaporated milk – MINUS 1/4 cup
- 1/4 cup Harvey’s Bristol Cream Sherry
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- Whipped cream
How to cook Mom’s Secret Pumpkin Pie
- Preheat oven to 425° F
- Mix sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves in small bowl.
- Beat eggs in large bowl.
- Stir pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture into beaten eggs.
- Gradually add and stir in evaporated milk and sherry. (Discard extra 1/4 cup of evaporated milk.)
- Spray 8″ or 9″ pie plate with non-stick baking spray.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into pie shell.
- Bake in 425° F oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350° F; bake for 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. If you move pie and it still jiggles in the center – it needs a few minutes more – just add on 3-5 minutes at a time.
- Cool on wire rack for 2 hours.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
- Top with whipped cream before serving.
– You can make your own pie crust, use the roll out kind or use a frozen pie crust
– If the top of your pie cracks, top with candied pecans in a decorative arrangement! haha