Crock pot – liner – brown sugar on the bottom. Ham on the sugar. Dump the pineapple (& juice) on the ham. Sprinkle more brown sugar on top. Cook for hours.
Seriously – stupid proof!
I made a couple baked potatoes with corn to go with it and it was delicious! The recipe called for bone-in but this was Easter…and I was shopping for my ham ON EASTER. (Yeah – I’m that girl) So – um – no bone-in ham for us. I went for one of the small pork shoulder butt (is it a shoulder or a butt?) hams and it was fine – especially for just the two of us.
Because my ham was smaller and no bone – I probably cooked it 4 hours…you’re really just getting it all heated through.
Crock Pot Ham
- 1 cottage ham
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 can pineapple chunks
- Line crock pot with crock pot liner
- Put 1/2 cup brown sugar in bottom of liner
- Add ham on top of brown sugar
- Pour pineapple and juice on top of ham
- Top with 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Cover and cook on low-medium for 4 hours