After you take them out of the oven, crack an egg in each cup and top with meat, cheese, veges and anything else you want to throw in.
Then back in the oven for another 15 minutes and they’re done! I had a couple while they were warm and then let the rest cool. After cooling I popped them out and put them in a ziploc bag in the fridge.
Birds Nest Breakfast Cups
These breakfast cups are great make-ahead breakfasts!
Cook time: 15 minutes
1 – 24 oz bag
shredded hash browns
bacon, fried & crumbled
extra shredded cheddar cheese
- Take your bag of hash browns and mix in the salt, pepper, oil and 1/3 cup shredded cheese.
- Divide amongst the cups in your muffin tin, making sure to grease tin beforehand.
- Bake hash browns at 425 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until toasty.
- Once they’re finished, take them out and lower the temp of the oven to 350 degrees.
- Crack an egg into each of the cups
- Top with bacon and a sprinkle of extra cheese
- Bake at 350 degrees for 13-16 minutes (or until the eggs are as firm as you like them).
- Slide a knife along the edges to remove from pan when cooled.
- I will scramble the eggs next time – I broke them like she recommended and they came out sort of like hardboiled eggs – which isn’t a bad thing – but I want to see if I can get them a little fluffier.
- The next time I made them, I added salsa before baking and it was a really fantastic addition – it added a little juiciness and lots of flavor!
- Have fun – add what you like and/or what you have in the fridge!
Leave a Reply