It starts with a stick of butter – yeah – can’t go wrong there! We were actually down to the last stick and it was a little short – but worked fine. You just pop the stick of butter on a cookie sheet and melt it in a hot oven.
Then you slice a lemon and lay it in all the melted butter. Then scatter the shrimp across the pan. After that – sprinkle italian seasoning and fresh garlic across the top. Voila. Oven and done.
I decided to use up some leftover pasta for dinner – so your eyes aren’t tricking you – macaroni and linguine. A few shrimp and then I drizzled butter over the pasta and dinner was served. It was really good!
I think next time I’ll actually squeeze the lemon juice onto the shrimp before baking to get a little more lemon flavor into the shrimp. This will definitely be in my regular rotation for dinners! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Italian seasoning (dressing mix)
lemon- lightly squeezed (reserve juice) then thinly sliced
large frozen shrimp (raw, peeled & deveined)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place 1 stick of butter on a non-stick cookie sheet or baking dish. Melt butter while oven is preheating.
- While butter is melting, lightly juice your lemon and reserve the liquid, then slice the lemon into thin slices.
- Once butter is melted, spread lemon out into the butter.
- Scatter shrimp – be sure to not have them overlap. I flipped them around in the butter a little before letting them rest.
- Sprinkle Italian dressing seasoning packet over the shrimp. Mince garlic and sprinkle (it’s a little wet if you’re using fresh) over the shrimp. I love garlic – so I probably used even more than I listed!
- Drizzle the reserved lemon juice over the shrimp.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Serve over top of rice or pasta.
Leave a Reply