The reason the marinade caught my eye was the bag itself! It’s a large foil pack ziploc bag with the marinade already inside. You just tear it open above the zipper and add your meat – then zip and in the fridge it goes! How easy and NOT MESSY is that!!!! It’s all contained and the bag is definitely heavy duty so there’s no worry of it leeking! I loved it!
My friends at Traeger Grills recently sent me this fabulous wood pellet grill – which I was incredibly geeked about – so this seemed like the perfect time to use it! And I will say – this grill is amazing! I always have a problem with grills getting too hot and just basically popping up to 700 degrees no matter what I do. This grill you actually set the temp and the wood pellets are super easy to use. We love it!
The Traeger did the job perfectly! I love how you can set the temp and it actually heats to that! The wood pellets smell great too!
I got all my toppings together and was read to go. I love making this a Doritos Cool Ranch Salad! Bust up some of those chips and crunch away. The toppings are so fresh – I couldn’t wait to dig in! It was rough getting through the photos without tasting.
The chicken was delicious! The Traeger cooked it perfectly – no burned pieces and still super juicy. I might have snuck a couple of pieces before making my salad. The Budweiser Buffalo Chicken marinade was great as well! I liked it because I don’t love super spicy food – and this was perfect – it had that delicious buffalo sauce flavor (no eggs!) but wasn’t spicy.
How can you not want to dig in?! My husband was pretty much standing over me waiting for me to finish the pics so he could take this from me for dinner. We had plenty for the two of us and his brother who was visiting. There was even enough for the pups to have a little chicken of their own.
This salad was enjoyed by all of us and so easy to make! While you're grilling the chicken - you just slice and dice and you're ready to go. You could also add black beans, roasted corn and avocados to this salad.
Buffalo Chicken Salad
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 package Budweiser Buffalo Chicken Marinade
- Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1-2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2-3 Tablespoons pickled Jalapeno slices
- 10 Grape Tomatoes sliced in half
- Cool Ranch Doritos - lightly crushed
- 1 cup shredded colby-jack cheese
- sour cream
- Rinse chicken thighs and place in Budweiser Buffalo Chicken Marinade for minimum of 6 hours
- Heat grill to 350
- Grill thighs for 10 minutes on each side until internal temp of 160
- While chicken is grilling, prep vegetables
- Once chicken is done, dice into bite-sized chunks
- Make a delicious salad! Start with romaine lettuce and add all the toppings!