Start out with ground beef – I added a can of mushrooms – just because I like them…
Then on a cookie sheet – lay out 5 biscuits – smush them a bit to make them larger. Then you top it with a spoonful of the ground beef mixture and then add some Land O’Lakes cheese (cuz it’s DA BEST!).
After trying a few different things – smushing the biscuit on my hand seemed to be the best way to really get it big enough to cover the toppings.
Once you lay the other biscuit on top – edge it with a fork. I was a bit skeptical that it would actually seal – but here we go.
These were DELICIOUS! It’s funny – I’ve been wanting to try empanadas lately – and think I basically just did without knowing it! I kept thinking of different things I could make as variations off this recipe. I know the first thing I will do on this one is throw a squirt of ketchup under the cheese – mmm!
This recipe was so tasty – I couldn’t get over how much I liked them – and on the table in about 15-20 minutes – SOLD!
1 can of Pillsbury Grands Butter Layer Flaky Biscuits (10 count)
2/3 pound ground beef (80/20)
1 small can mushrooms
4 slices Land O’Lakes American Cheese
* Preheat the oven to 400
* Brown ground beef and mushrooms for 10 minutes and drain.
* Spray cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Flatten 5 biscuits a bit with your hand to make them a bit wider. Be careful not to pull on them as they may tear.
* Top each biscuit with the ground beef and then add cheese. (I broke it up into pieces to cover better.)
* Then, flatten the rest of your biscuits and place on top and seal the edges with a fork.
* Bake for 10 minutes until golden brown.
Thanks to Mommy Hates Cooking for sharing it.