I wasn’t exactly sure how to candy kielbasa but i decided to take the idea and make my own version of it – and of course – I served them with cheese curds!
It was a pretty fun testing this recipe out! I mean – does anybody want to be my friend and help me next time? I knew we needed some brown sugar – and they definitely tasted of BBQ sauce – so that was my starting point. I grabbed my favorite kielbasa and used the bacon I got from my recent trip to Sugardale Bacon and went to town!
This towel says it all #amiright? A friend of mine saw this and said she KNEW I had to have it. She was right…
So what did I do to make these? I took kielbasa pieces and wrapped them in a half slice of bacon and then dipped them into my favorite sticky sweet bbq sauce, sprinkled them with brown sugar and baked them!
The result was amazing! These little gems were meaty & sweet & zingy & just plain delicious! I’ve started a new diet since my divorce – it’s called “give the dogs half your food so you don’t eat it all” – I’ve lost 30 pounds and they’re much happier. They were more than happy to oblige me on this recipe!
Copycat Candied Bacon Bombs
- 1 package kielbasa
- 1 package bacon
- 2 cups favorite dark barbecue sauce
- 3-4 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375
- Slice kielbasa into small chunks/slices
- Cut 1 package of bacon slices in half
- Wrap 1/2 slice of bacon around kielbasa bite
- Secure with toothpick
- Place barbecue sauce into a bowl or glass (you want it to be tall enough to dip the whole bite into)
- Dip each bacon bite and submerge into barbecue sauce
- Place bites onto parchment lined baking sheet
- Sprinkle with brown sugar
- Bake for 35 minutes