First up was the Corned Beef Hash that I had at the Sunliner Diner! It was such a delicious breakfast – and so easy! I knew I could have this again at home!
The Sunliner Diner description is Tender house-made corned beef, green and red peppers, sweet Vidalia onions and hash browns topped with two eggs your way, horseradish cream and a Sunliner biscuit. It has you drooling right????
I think I did a pretty great job making a copycat of it! I even had my first foray into poached eggs just to make sure I got it right. If you like your hashbrowns crispier – you’ll probably want to make them on a griddle or a more traditional nonstick pan.
For the corned beef – instead of trying to make my own – I just asked my Shipt shopper to get me 1/2 pound of corned beef from the deli – but not have it sliced – just get it in a big hunk.
Then I poached eggs for the first time ever! I’m still working on the technique but am glad to finally know how to do it! They’re really my favorite – I love a runny yolk any way I can get it! So what did I do for the horseradish cream? I used Heluva Good’s Bacon Horseradish Dip! It was great!! Added that extra zing!
This was definitely a delicious breakfast and I loved that I could have it at home. It took me right back to Gulf Shores and the amazing trip I had with Steph from Plain Chicken. Now you might be asking – what about the biscuit? Well – Steph has the recipe for their Bacon Cheddar Ranch biscuit – so you can make that too!
Copycat Sunliner Diner Corned Beef Hash
- 2-3 Tbsp oil
- Half bag Simply Potatoes hash browns
- 1/2 pound corned beef, 1″ dice (Purchase from deli counter in one piece – not sliced)
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 Vidalia onion, diced
- 2 poached eggs
- Heluva Good Dip Bacon Horseradish Dip
- Heat oil in nonstick pan
- Lightly saute onion, peppers and corned beef for 3-4 minutes
- Remove onion mixture and set aside
- Add more oil to the pan and heat
- Fry hashbrowns to desired doneness
- While hashbrowns are frying, poach eggs
- Add back in onion mixture and heat through
- Plate corned beef hash and top with poached egg
- Drizzle bacon horseradish dip over the corned beef hash