Here was the inspiration dish – Tacky Jacks Mexican Garbage Nachos – they’re featured in my Gulf Shores dining post! They have everything: chips, taco meat, cheese, tomatoes, olives, onions, jalapenos, sour cream and salsa! What more could you ask for??? (OK – maybe guacamole?!)
Here’s my version! All the same toppings but I just added some guacamole – I mean – why not?! The thing is – this is so easy to make and you can customize it to what YOU and your family love. I think it was fun just to serve them in the same way I had them in ‘Bama – with the foil pan in the cake pan – I mean – it took two seconds but that extra step made them more memorable! It took me right back to my beach vacation!
You will not be able to resist these nachos! I even added my (now) famous Taco John’s Potato Ole Seasoning Mix to the nachos – it just adds even more zing and fun! I know you’re going to love it!
Copycat Tacky Jacks Mexican Garbage Nachos
- 1/2 bag your favorite chips (I like restaurant style with lime)
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 package taco seasoning (or 2+ Tablespoons Taco Johns Potato Ole Seasoning Mix)
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- pickled jalapenos
- 8 oz colby jack cheese, shredded
- 1-2 oz black olives, sliced (I bought the individual cups)
- 3-4 Tbsp salsa
- 3-4 Tbsp sour cream
- Wholly Guacamole Mini
- Preheat oven to 375
- Brown ground beef and add taco seasoning (or 1-2 Tbsp Taco John’s seasoning) per package instructions
- Set disposable cake pan inside a cake pan
- Layer chips, ground beef, salsa and cheese and mound up in the center – be sure to get some cheese, salsa and beef in the layers!!!! Not just on top!
- Once layers are made – top with tomatoes, onions, salsa, jalapenos and olives
- Bake for 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted – but keep an eye on it – don’t let the cheese dry out
- Remove from oven and top with sour cream and guacamole