Banana Bread is one of those things that is just warm and comforting – the smell of it is heavenly. It just makes people feel loved and at the holidays – that’s what you want to do for people! My friend told me about a family whose son is having some medical treatments done and wanted to take them some snacks and cards for comfort. What better comfort food is there than banana bread!?!
The banana bread is so easy to make – mix together an egg, MIRACLE WHIP dressing and 3 ripe bananas. My friend Susie said she just puts all the old bananas in the freezer – then when she’s ready to make banana bread – she’s got a stash ready!
Then you mix the dry ingredients together (flour, sugar, walnuts, baking soda, salt). Once those are stirred together – add them to the banana mixture and voila – your banana bread is ready for the oven!
Bake for an hour and out comes this heavenly smelling golden brown loaf of wonderful! Doesn’t this just look perfect?! I love how the banana bread cracks open at the top – it’s just screaming for butter and a tall glass of milk!
|Photo from KRAFTRecipes.com|
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup MIRACLE WHIP Dressing
- 1 1/3 cups mashed fully ripe bananas (about 3)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped PLANTERS Walnuts
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- Heat oven to 350.
- Beat egg, dressing and bananas in large bowl with whisk or mixer until blended. In a separate bowl, mix remaining ingredients. Add to banana mixture and stir until just moistened.
- Pour into a 9×5″ loaf plan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 min; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely.