Turkey Hill Dairy All Natural Gelato is so delicious and creamy – and there’s no eggs! They have great flavors too – Coffee Chip, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Sea Salted Caramel and more! I grabbed Purely Vanilla and Chocolate Chocolate Chip – cuz duh – they sound delish! And since I had all this amazing All Natural Gelato – I had to come up with something equally good to go along with it!
I had just had a fruit & vegetable delivery and there was a container of blueberries and I thought that was a good start.
After a little research – blueberry sauce is easier to make than I thought! Start with orange juice and blueberries – put ’em in a pan and boil.
Out comes this rich and thick blueberry sauce – the first thing I did was dig into my Turkey Hill All Natural Gelato – I put the Vanilla and Chocolate Chocolate Chip in a sundae glass and topped it with my yummy blueberry sauce. I also might have taken a couple of bites of the sauce on it’s own. 😉 It really paired well with the All Natural Gelato – if you didn’t know – gelato has less air than most ice cream – which gives it that richer texture.
The funny thing is I had a whole day of creating recipes and cooking for my blog. I made shredded pork, cilantro rice, pickled beets and a spring green salad. I was exhausted!!!! I saved this recipe for last because I thought – after 4 hours in the kitchen – I’m going to need a treat!!! And I did – I was sweating, I was tired, the dogs were drooling all over
In between bowls of Turkey Hill All Natural Gelato – I’ve been using the blueberry sauce on pancakes too – so good!
Turkey Hill All Natural Gelato is a great partner for this sauce. Turkey Hill is the first major ice cream brand to offer an All Natural Gelato – and I like that. And when I say – All Natural Gelato – I mean it. What are the ingredients? Simple! Nonfat milk, cream, sugar and vanilla. That’s it. I love that I know what every ingredient is – heck – sometimes I even have all of them in my house!
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed- if using fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place blueberries, orange juice, and lemon juice in small pan. Cook it, stirring occasionally, in medium heat. Let it come to a boil.
- In the mean time, mix cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl.
- Slowly stir in the cornstarch into the pan. Let it simmer for 5 minutes or until it is thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon.
- Take it off the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Store it in an airtight jar in the fridge.