Turkey Hill Dairy All Natural Gelato is so delicious and creamy – and there’s no eggs! They have great flavors too – Coffee Chip, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Sea Salted Caramel and more! I grabbed Purely Vanilla and Chocolate Chocolate Chip – cuz duh – they sound delish! And since I had all this amazing All Natural Gelato – I had to come up with something equally good to go along with it!
I had just had a fruit & vegetable delivery and there was a container of blueberries and I thought that was a good start.
After a little research – blueberry sauce is easier to make than I thought! Start with orange juice and blueberries – put ’em in a pan and boil.
Out comes this rich and thick blueberry sauce – the first thing I did was dig into my Turkey Hill All Natural Gelato – I put the Vanilla and Chocolate Chocolate Chip in a sundae glass and topped it with my yummy blueberry sauce. I also might have taken a couple of bites of the sauce on it’s own. 😉 It really paired well with the All Natural Gelato – if you didn’t know – gelato has less air than most ice cream – which gives it that richer texture.
The funny thing is I had a whole day of creating recipes and cooking for my blog. I made shredded pork, cilantro rice, pickled beets and a spring green salad. I was exhausted!!!! I saved this recipe for last because I thought – after 4 hours in the kitchen – I’m going to need a treat!!! And I did – I was sweating, I was tired, the dogs were drooling all over
In between bowls of Turkey Hill All Natural Gelato – I’ve been using the blueberry sauce on pancakes too – so good!
Turkey Hill All Natural Gelato is a great partner for this sauce. Turkey Hill is the first major ice cream brand to offer an All Natural Gelato – and I like that. And when I say – All Natural Gelato – I mean it. What are the ingredients? Simple! Nonfat milk, cream, sugar and vanilla. That’s it. I love that I know what every ingredient is – heck – sometimes I even have all of them in my house!
You can find Turkey Hill on Facebook and Twitter. All Natural Gelato is available at select retailers wherever Turkey Hill products are sold. I found them locally at Kroger.
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed- if using fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place blueberries, orange juice, and lemon juice in small pan. Cook it, stirring occasionally, in medium heat. Let it come to a boil.
- In the mean time, mix cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl.
- Slowly stir in the cornstarch into the pan. Let it simmer for 5 minutes or until it is thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon.
- Take it off the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Store it in an airtight jar in the fridge.
Leave a Reply