So about every other week when I go to Kroger – I get a loaf of their french bread that is pre-baked. You just bring it home – slice in half and then bake for 5 minutes . I line the pan with foil so I don’t have to worry about cleanup.
In my mind – every good sandwich has bacon – so I started with that. My husband always orders the Italian sub wherever we go – so I decided to make that at home – but the bacon was first. I like my bacon a little underdone – especially on a sandwich – I’ll be popping this back in the oven and don’t like my bacon too crispy.
Next – I pile on the toppings – salami, ham, pepperoni, thinly sliced tomato, bacon, more ham, provolone and then a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Then back in the oven for 5-7 more minutes.
What comes out is a crispy, melty, delicious Italian sub. I like to add a little extra on top – mayo, avocado and Firehouse Subs Captain Sorenson’s sauce. I really like that sauce because it’s like a slightly spicy bbq sauce – it’s got a kick and a little sweet. It’s magical.
This sandwich was DELICIOUS!! I devoured this – the bread was crispy on the outside, soft on the inside – the salami & pepperoni had a nice bite – the tomato and avocado added juicy & creamy – I could go on and on – but this sandwich was the bomb-diggity. I can honestly say – it tasted as good as it looked!
* Kroger French Take & Bake Bread
* 1/4 lb salami
* 1/4 lb pepperoni
* 1/4 lb ham
* 1/4 lb provolone
* 2-4 slices bacon
* tomato, thinly sliced
* avocado, thinly sliced
* Captain Sorenson’s Datil Pepper sauce
* Olive Oil
* Balsamic Vinegar
* Slice and pre-bake bread according to package directions
* Fry bacon and then drain on paper towels
* Pile on the toppings – I start with meat on the bottom – then tomato, bacon, cheese so the cheese melts on top of it all. Put top on bread lightly.
* Bake for 7 minutes
* Remove from oven. Add avocado, sauce, mayo.
* Smush down a little – cut in half and ENJOY!
Around The Web