I mean seriously – you know you want to dive in?! It’s perfect to make this Valentine’s day! It’s definitely rich – but I love that you can cut the pieces up pretty small and make it last. I keep mine in the fridge because I like the peanut butter layer nice and cold!
How do you make Jailhouse Fudge?
For the base of the fudge – I splurged and used Oreos – but my friend actually uses Duplex cookies because they can buy a full package for much cheaper at their store.
Next – mix that with creamer – again I used liquid creamer – but they only have access to the powdered creamer and mix it with hot water. Then you add the peanut butter/creme filling layer and top it with trail mix. I used my favorite Monster Mix from Target.
So now – you can make an authentic prison recipe in the comfort of your own home! Make a batch of this and watch Love After Lockup on Friday nights – it’s so good!!! (This is not a sponsored post – I just freakin love this show!)
Love After Lockup Felon Fudge
- 1 Family Size Pack (48 cookies) Oreos
- 1/4 cup Vanilla Caramel Creamer (liquid)
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup trail mix
- 1/4 cup peanut m&ms
- Separate Oreos cookies from cream center – scrape the cream filling into a separate bowl and put the cookies into a gallon bag
- Add creamer to the cookies and break up cookies and mix with creamer until it gets to a thick consistency that could be patted down
- Spray 8×8 pan with very light coating of non-stick spray
- Pat cookie/creamer into the bottom of the pan
- Add peanut butter to cream centers and microwave for 1 minute (stir at 30 seconds)
- Pour peanut butter mixture over top of cookie bottom
- Top with trail mix and m&ms
- Refrigerate for one hour
Authentic Ingredients: Duplo cookies with vanilla & chocolate cookie Powdered creamer mixed with hot water Substitutions Use your favorite flavored creamer Add pretzels into the trail mix Make it holiday with colored m&ms: red/white for Valentines Day, green/red for Christmas!