The other thing I love about this one pot meal is that it is cheesy – but not overly cheesy – not too indulgent. You can even sprinkle a little more on top – just for the fun of it! 😉
Cheesy Chicken Pasta ingredients
I used chicken thighs in this dish – but you can easily swap out chicken breasts instead if that’s what you prefer. For the veggies – I used mushrooms and onions – but if you like green peppers or even broccoli – feel free to swap out to your favorites!
Can you freeze this One Pot Cheesy Chicken Pasta?
Obviously you can’t freeze this one pot meal before you cook it! 😉 But the leftovers – most definitely! I’ll often times make this cheesy chicken pasta skillet dish and then freeze the leftovers into single size servings and that way I have lunch in a pinch when I need it!
What are some of the best one pot meals?
One Pot Cheesy Chicken Pasta
Cheesy Chicken Pasta ingredients:
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs (3-4), diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 – 14.5 oz can chicken broth
- 1 – 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, Italian
- 4-6 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 oz macaroni
- 1/2 tsp salt & pepper, each
- 1 cup shredded cojack cheese
How to cook One Pot Cheesy Chicken Pasta
- Add olive oil to a deep dish saute pan over medium high. Add onion, chicken, mushrooms and garlic – cook until lightly browned.
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes, milk, pasta, salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 12 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Turn off the heat and stir in cheese.