Look how bright and colorful the ingredients were! Knowing all that is going in – you know you want to try it!
How do you make Pineapple Shrimp Fried Rice?
You make rice and while that’s cooking prep all of your ingredients. Then in a hot non-stick pan, saute the shrimp for a couple of minutes and squeeze limes on the shrimp. Set the shrimp aside and saute the diced ingredients. Then add the cooked and cooled rice – frying that with the veggies, add the sauces and then the shrimp back in and you’re done.
This is such a light and refreshing dish – the fact that you stir fry it for a few minutes actually balances out the light, fresh zinginess of the pineapple and lime shrimp. This is a great recipe for so many reasons – it’s healthy, it’s easy, it’s zippy (VIP really) and it reheats well! I took the leftovers for lunch the next day and they were great!
Pineapple Shrimp Fried Rice
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked white rice (jasmine)
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 3 limes, juiced
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 cups fresh pineapple, cut into small chunks
- 1 bell pepper, cut into chunks
How to cook Pineapple Shrimp Fried Rice
- Cook rice according to package directions but don’t make the rice too moist and sticky. Then allow rice to cool. For the shrimp, take 1 lb and chop them into chunks.
- Cut the pineapple into small chunks and set aside.
- In a non-stick pan on high heat, cook shrimp for 2 minutes until almost thoroughly cooked. Season with salt & pepper and the lime juice then set aside.
- Heat a wok on high heat, then add oil. Add the scallions and garlic to the wok. Sauté for 1 minute, then add the rice, bell peppers, and pineapple and stir a few times. Add soy sauce and fish sauce, constantly stir, add the shrimp, and cook for another 1-2 minutes.