That said, let’s celebrate with something super delicious like STUFFED Cinnamon Swirl French Toast! OMG – this is sooooo good! I can’t even tell you how good this is! The French Toast is super easy to make and I mixed together the filling in about 30 seconds! It took longer to make the bacon than all the rest.
Brunch originated in England as a way to appease the folks that went out and got hammered on Saturday nights. With “brunch” they could sleep in a bit and still get a great morning meal! I do love it because it sort of gives you free reign to order breakfast items and lunch items together!
And trust me – this recipes is so delicious. While the French Toast is cooking – I mixed together the whipped cream cheese and the syrup. The whipped cream cheese is super fluffy so it make it much lighter. I might even add a couple flakes of coarse sea salt – just to have that sweet & salty in one bite.
Slather that slice with the cream cheese mixture and then top it with crumbled bacon and add your second slice! No butter or syrup needed – it’s literally the perfect brunch on a plate!
I even got to make this with Jessica on Fox 19 this morning! My appearance was sponsored by Thomas’ Swirl Bread but all opinions were my own. Be sure to check Facebook for the video. 🙂
Stuffed Cinnamon Swirl French Toast
- 1/3 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1-2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 4 slices Thomas’ Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 slices bacon, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Mix together eggs, milk and salt for French Toast batter
- Mix together cream cheese and syrup and set aside
- Heat pan over medium heat and add 1 tbsp butter
- Once butter is melted, dip bread in batter and put in hot pan for 2-3 min. Flip and add more butter if needed. Cook 3-4 more minutes until golden brown.
- Top one slice of French toast with cream cheese mixture and top with bacon. Add second slice on top and enjoy!!
The recipe was intended for just two slices - but I had leftover batter and extra cream cheese mixture - so I made recipe for 4 slices. The whipped cream cheese really helps so it's not too heavy. Soooo good!
Leave a Reply