Can you air fry squash?
Yes!!!! That’s how I came up with this air fryer recipe for butternut squash – would be a pretty short post if you couldn’t! hahaha
How long do you air fry squash?
How to make roasted butternut squash salad
So while the air fryer butternut squash cubes were cooking up – I looked through the fridge and thought – what ow? Well I had a half container of spinach and said – OK – salad it is!!! I mean it was Thanksgiving Day at like 2pm and I had to have a dish at 530pm!
So I put together this roasted butternut squash salad with spinach, diced cucumber, goat cheese, craisins and candied pecans. All that sounded like it would go together. But I wanted a little bite! So I put together a little seasoning mix to toss the squash in (cumin, coriander, cinnamon & chili powder) – yum!!!!
Then toss it all together! I was going to make an apple cider vinaigrette but it was late and I had a champagne vinaigrette in the fridge and used that – and it was delicious!
I was so excited to try this air fryer squash and it didn’t even need breading! Roasted squash is so delicious all on its own! It’s delicious with a little butter and sea salt – but I also loved the spiciness of the mixture I sprinkled on top.
Looking for other air fryer vegetable recipes?
Looking for other salad recipes?
Air Fryer Butternut Squash (+ Bonus Salad!)
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeds scooped, and cubed
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped parsley, optional, for garnish
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 6 cups loose-packed baby spinach
- Champagne Vinaigrette dressing
- 2 ounces goat cheese, torn into smaller pieces
- 3 Tbsp pecans, diced
- 1/4 cup craisins
How to cook Air Fryer Butternut Squash (+ Bonus Salad!)
- Place the squash cubes in the air fryer and toss with a drizzle of olive oil and pinches of salt and pepper.
- Roast 15 minutes at 400°F or until golden brown around the edges in the air fryer
- In a small bowl, stir together the cumin, coriander, cinnamon and cayenne. Set aside.
- Remove the butternut squash from the oven, let cool slightly, and, while warm, toss with the spice mixture.
- Assemble the salad with the spinach and half of the roasted squash. Drizzle with ⅓ of the dressing, toss lightly, then add the remaining squash, goat cheese, craisins and sunflower seeds. Drizzle with more dressing as desired. Serve immediately.