Olive Garden’s Asiago Tortelloni Alfredo with Grilled Chicken is so delicious! I even found the actual OG alfredo recipe and it’s spot on! This recipe is so delicious and comforting! It’s perfect for a chilly winter night!
What You Will ❤️ About Tortelloni Alfredo with Chicken
- 30 Minute Meal! This is table to fridge in 30 minutes which works for me any night of the week
- Cheesy! You’ve got homemade alfredo sauce & cheese on top!
- Olive Garden Favorite! No need to go out to have this OG favorite at home!
Tortellini Alfredo with Grill Chicken Ingredients
You don’t need many ingredients for this dish – the alfredo has the most and they’re mostly kitchen staples! Here’s what you need:
- Grilled Chicken
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- herb & garlic marinade
- Tortellini Alfredo
- dried cheese tortellini – tortellini with Asiago cheese filling is tough to find – but it’s similar to Parmesan cheese – so most cheese tortellini you’ll find in the store should give a similar flavor
- salted butter – using the salted butter (instead of unsalted butter) eliminates need for added salt
- 2% milk & heavy cream – you could also replace both and just use half and half
- Parmesan & Romano cheeses – very important to use fresh cheese vs. the pre-grated! The flavor profile is much stronger which you need for this sauce to be perfect!
- Panko breadcrumbs
- mozzarella cheese shredded
How do you make Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce from scratch?
This is the recipe for just the Alfredo Sauce and let me tell you – it’s spot on! It’s very simple to make – melt butter and garlic – add a little flour and stir. Then add Parmesan, Romano, milk and heavy cream. That’s it!
SHORT CUT: You can use a jarred alfredo sauce but this is easy enough – you shouldn’t! But you can!
How do you make Olive Garden’s Oven Baked Tortellini Alfredo?
It’s a bit of a juggling act – but it’s on the table in 30 minutes so it’s worth it!
- For the chicken, pound them to an even thickness with a meat mallet. Mix together and pour the marinade on the chicken and baked it for 25 minutes.
- While the chicken was baking – Boil the tortellini in a large pot.
- When the tortellini was about half done – I started the alfredo sauce. Saute the butter and garlic in a saucepan on medium-high heat. Cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Add flour, milk, cream and cheeses to saucepan and stir frequently until the sauce begins to simmer. Remove from heat.
- Drain tortellini when done and if you time it right, the chicken, pasta and alfredo are all ready at the same time.
- Preheat the oven to low broil. In a baking dish, toss the alfredo and pasta together – lay the chicken on top – sprinkle with panko and mozzarella cheese and place the baking dish in the oven for 2-3 minutes until top is golden brown.
Tips, Tricks & FAQs
The Olive Garden version has tortellONI – and I used tortellINI – so what’s the difference? Tortellini is smaller and typically stuffed with meat. Tortelloni is larger and typically filled with cheese or vegetarian. But – you pretty much can’t find tortellONI at a grocery store – so I just bought tortellINI. The difference is minimal at best.
Nope. It has flour.
Nope. It has butter and cream.
Store leftovers in an airtight container (I like these glass ones) in the refrigerator for up to a week. You can freeze up to three months. Reheat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
This is definitely one of my favorite tasty pasta dishes – but you can make a few variations to what you like! Here are some ideas:
- Types of Pasta – I used cheese tortellini but you could use any variety of tortellini you like – mushroom is my other favorite!
- Vegetarian – leave out the chicken for a Meatless Monday meal!
- Jarred Alfredo – take a shortcut and use a jarred Alfredo sauce instead of making it from scratch
- Vegetables – you could steam a bag of broccoli florets and add to the pasta & sauce mixture
What to serve with Oven Baked Pasta
Other Olive Garden Pasta Recipes
- Olive Garden Giant Stuffed Shells
- Olive Garden Chicken Scampi
- Olive Garden Shrimp Scampi
- More Olive Garden Dishes!
Copycat Olive Garden Oven Baked Tortellini Alfredo With Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 packet herb & garlic marinade
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp vinegar
Pasta & Alfredo Sauce
- 8 oz dried cheese tortellini
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1.5 cups milk
- 1.5 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 cup Romano cheese grated
- 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- Pound chicken breasts to an even thickness and place in a square baking dish.2 chicken breasts
- In a medium bowl, mix together marinade, water, oil and vinegar and pour the marinade over the chicken. Bake chicken for 25 minutes until chicken breasts are cooked through. Remove from the oven and let rest.1 packet herb & garlic marinade, 1/4 cup water, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 tbsp vinegar
- Prepare tortellini according to package directions. I am using a dried tortellini, so when I put the chicken in the oven, I started my water boiling. Then I boiled the bag of dried tortellini according to package directions, drained and set aside. You can use fresh or frozen as well if you prefer.8 oz dried cheese tortellini
- When the pasta has about 4-5 minutes left, saute the butter and garlic in a saucepan on medium heat. Cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.6 tbsp butter, 1 tbsp garlic
- Add flour and whisk for to combine. Quickly add milk, cream and cheeses. Stir frequently until the sauce begins to simmer and thicken. Remove from heat.2 tbsp flour, 1.5 cups milk, 1.5 cups heavy cream, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup Romano cheese
- In a large bowl, combine drained pasta with most of the Alfredo and toss lightly. Set aside 1/2 cup of Alfredo to add after baking.
- Slice chicken breast and set aside.
- Turn the oven to Low-Broil and spray a casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Pour pasta mixture into casserole dish. Top with sliced chicken, bread crumbs and mozzarella.1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- BROIL on low for 2-3 minutes or until cheese starts to brown and bubble. Watch closely!
Leave a Reply