Roasted carrots are great – but they take time – UNLESS you’re making them in your air fryer! These crispy air fryer carrot fries are a tasty and quick side dish for any meal!
If you’re a fan of sweet potato fries – these easy air fryer carrot fries will be a big hit – even for picky eaters! They take just 15 minutes and come out perfect.
Air Fryer Carrot Fries Recipe Ingredients
These delicious carrot fries are super easy and only need 3 simple ingredients:
- carrots – I like to use large carrots – but you could also quarter baby carrots lengthwise for this recipe as well
- Smaller baby carrots will take a little less time cooking time
- Want to save a little time? Buy a bag of carrot chips!
- olive oil
- favorite seasoning – I like a lemon/herb seasoning but here are a couple of spice blend ideas you can put together on your own:
- Fragrant & Fun – garlic powder, onion powder, lemon juice, black pepper and sea salt
- Spicy Carrot Fries – brown sugar & chili powder or maple syrup & cayenne pepper
How do you make carrot fries in the air fryer?
This healthy alternative to traditional fries is super simple as well with just a few easy steps:
- Peel and cut carrots into french fry shapes
- Be mindful of the thickness of the carrot fries – the thicker they are – the longer they’ll take to cook
- Place carrot sticks into a large bowl
- Toss with a tablespoon of oil and 2 tablespoons of seasoning until well coated
- Place carrots in a single layer in your air fryer basket (or oven)
- Air fry at 350 degrees for 7 minutes
- Shake the basket to flip your carrot fries
- Air fry for an additional 7-8 minutes
- Serve! Sprinkle with parmesan cheese or serve with a dipping sauce like ranch, spicy mayo or get fancy with a pesto aioli (pesto + mayo)
Are carrot fries more healthy than traditional french fries?
Definitely! These delicious air fryer carrot fries are made with carrots vs potatoes – so that’s a big plus right off the bat. You’re also using much less oil than deep frying. These are a healthy snack that you can enjoy with any dish!
If you want to make them even healthier – spritz them with olive oil spray or avocado oil instead of pouring the olive oil into the bowl – this will eliminate any excess oil on your carrots.
How can I make a crispier carrot fry?
I love this healthy recipe but sometimes I like a crispy carrot! If you add a little corn starch (1/2 tsp) when you toss your carrots in seasoning – that will absorb any excess moisture and crisp up your fries a bit.
Can I make carrot fries in the oven?
Yes – spread the seasoned carrots out on a baking sheet and bake at 425 for 25 minutes.
Here’s my ultimate list of best air fryer accessories – whether you have a basket- or oven-style! I’ve also included a price guide as well as my favorite recipes for those accessories.
Air Fryer Side Dishes
Air fryer carrots fries are a great easy side dish – and if you like air fryer vegetables – here are some of my other favorite easy recipes:
You can also join my Easy Air Fryer recipe group on Facebook to get more recipes and answers to any questions you might have.
Air Fryer Carrot Fries
- Peel carrots and slice into “french fry” shaped sticks2 carrots
- Place carrots in bowl and add oil and seasoning1 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp lemon herb seasoning
- Toss carrots until coated
- Air fry at 350 for 15 min – shake half way