Weight Watchers Air Fryer Recipes have been amazing for me in my weight loss journey! I’ve lost 13 pounds thus far and am going strong! I use my air fryer nearly every day – whether it be for cooking or even just reheating foods. Heck I love my air fryer so much I have TWO!
Air fryers are fantastic and the #1 appliance you need for Weight Watchers because you don’t need to add much – if any – oil to cook your food. Just a quick spritz of olive oil (I’ll give you my reco down below for a sprayer) will take care of most everything! I’ve made everything from a fried egg to meatloaf to banana bread in my air fryer – and all Weight Watchers-friendly!
Points – where listed – are for previous color plans. Be sure to check your personalpoints plan to see where these are at for you.
- Weight Watchers Air Fryer Side Dish Recipes
- Weight Watchers Air Fryer Main Dishes
- Weight Watchers Air Fryer Breakfast
- What is the best air fryer?
- How do you brown food in an air fryer?
- Air Fryer FAQs
- Is the air fryer good for weight watchers?
- How is the cook time different for frozen foods compared to oven?
- When do you clean your air fryer?
- Are air fryers healthy?
- What do you use for breading in an air fryer?
- What can't you make in an air fryer?
Weight Watchers Air Fryer Side Dish Recipes
Air Fryer Asparagus – 0 points on all plans (Green/Blue/Purple)
Air Fryer Carrot Fries – 2 points on all plans
Air Fryer Cabbage – 2 points on all plans
2 Ingredient Roasted Air Fryer Cauliflower – 2 points on all plans
Zucchini Fritters – 2 Fritters – 4 pts Green, 3 pts Blue & Purple
Weight Watchers Air Fryer Main Dishes
Air Fryer BBQ Meatballs – 2 pts Green, 1 pt Blue, 0 pts Purple
Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers – 1.5 peppers – 2 pts Green, 1 pt Blue/Purple
Air Fryer Crab Cake – 1 cake – 4 pts Green, 3 pts Blue/Purple
Air Fryer Salmon Fillets – use sugar free bbq sauce – 4 pts Green, 0 pts Blue/Purple
Air Fryer Turkey Meatloaf – 5 pts Green, 4 pts Blue/Purple
Air Fryer Chicken Breast – 5 pts Green, 3 pts Blue/Purple
Air Fryer Turkey Meatballs – 5 pts Green, 4 pts Blue/Purple
Air Fryer Tilapia – 6 pts Green, 4 pts Blue/Purple
Air Fryer Pork Chops – 7 pts Green, 6 pts Blue/Purple
Air Fryer Chicken Tenders with Buffalo sauce
Air Fryer Grilled Chicken Parmesan
Weight Watchers Air Fryer Breakfast
Air Fryer Fried Egg – 2 pts Green, 0 pts Blue/Purple
Copycat Air Fryer Starbucks Banana Bread – 4 pts across all plans
What is the best air fryer?
Oh heck – they’re all good! All air fryers are convection ovens that circulate hot air around the food which heats it more quickly and without oil.
They’re so good – I have two air fryers! Why? Well – there are two kinds of air fryers and I like having both. Most air fryers do much more than air fry – they bake, reheat, broil and even dehydrate! But really – it’s about the air frying.
- Basket Air Fryer – These have a basket with a handle that pulls out. Often times these air fryers are deep and square in shape. Here are some things I love about the basket style:
- The air fryer basket is deep so you can do something like a whole chicken!
- They hold the heat really well – so if you have to do batches – they go quick.
- LOOK FOR: an easy to clean tray – these can be a pain to clean. Check to see how easy it is to remove and re-insert the tray and think about hand washing it.
- RECO: Go for a bigger one! These are pretty affordable now so just get a bigger one. I like to cook meals in them (i.e. chicken & veggies at the same time) – so it’s helpful to have more space.
- Oven Air Fryer – These are more like a toaster oven style with a door that pulls down in front.
- The oven style are more open and tend to have a larger tray. This allows you to do bigger items, use the rotisserie or fewer batches.
- Things to look for:
- Be sure to get one that goes up to at least 400 degrees
- Get one with a digital readout – it’s nice to be precise with time & temp vs the dial kind
Best Air Fryer Accessories
Here’s my ultimate list of best air fryer accessories – whether you have a basket- or oven-style! I’ve also included a price guide as well as my favorite recipes for those accessories.
How do you brown food in an air fryer?
A spritz of olive oil will help foods brown – so it’s super healthy! Olive oil is a little thicker and there are a ton of sprayers on the market. I’ve found the best one is the Pam non-aerosol olive oil spray from the grocery store for $3. When it runs out, I re-fill with my own olive oil.
- I’ve tried fancy ones and they just clog or don’t work well.
- Don’t use non-stick aerosol cooking spray – it make the nonstick get sticky and gunked up.
Air Fryer FAQs
A lot of folks in Weight Watchers groups are talking about buying air fryers to help with cooking healthier. Here are some FAQs if you’re new to air frying:
Is the air fryer good for weight watchers?
Definitely! I found it to be one of the best tools to aide in healthy eating. You can pretty much avoid oil at all turns. If you do need to use oil – it’s just a tiny spritz!
How is the cook time different for frozen foods compared to oven?
I recommend same temp as the “box” recommends and half the time. Start there and you can add a couple of minutes.
When do you clean your air fryer?
I clean the basket at least every other use – depending on what I’m cooking. Then every 5 or so uses, I wipe out the inside and the element with a wet paper towel.
Are air fryers healthy?
Well – it depends on what you’re making – but you do use a lot less oil – so that’s great. You do still need to spritz items with EVOO so they brown – not everything – but anything breaded.
What do you use for breading in an air fryer?
I usually do flour/egg/panko – but to be more WW friendly – skip the flour and just do egg white and panko – still crunchy! Panko is more WW friendly than breadcrumbs.
What can’t you make in an air fryer?
Be careful with liquid items – batter doesn’t really work. I’ve made scrambled eggs and fried eggs but tried a quiche – and that was a bit of a fail! hahaha. You see the air fryer circulates AIR – and AIR blows things around! hahah
Weight Watchers FAQs
How does Weight Watchers work?
Based on your height, weight and age – you get assigned a number of points. Then every food has a point value. Voila – you don’t eat too much! There are also some foods that are zero points – woohoo!
What Weight Watchers Plan is Best?
They’ve just switched to a Personal Points plan where every persons plans are unique. Previously on the Freestyle plan, there were three plans: Green, Blue and Purple. Purple had the most free foods and fewest smartpoints – Blue had a few less and Green had the fewest zero point foods. That is the nice thing about Weight Watchers – it’s very customizable to what fits you. There’s no food you cannot eat – which makes it very flexible.
How much does Weight Watchers cost?
The lowest digital only plans are less than $3.50/week. They also always have specials going on so I recommend checking it out online!
Other Resources for Air Fryer & Weight Watchers
If you’re looking for even more air fryer fun – be sure to join my Facebook group for Easy Air Fryer Recipes and subscribe (button is on the top right) to my email list.
I also have more Weight Watchers recipes and Air Fryer recipes right here on my blog!
Be sure to email me along the way with your journey – I’d love to have some WW Friends to keep up with!
Leave a Reply