Weight Watchers Air Fryer Recipes have been amazing for me in my weight loss journey! I’ve lost 13 pounds thus far and am going strong! I use my air fryer nearly every day – whether it be for cooking or even just reheating foods. Heck I love my air fryer so much I have TWO!
Air fryers are fantastic and the #1 appliance you need for Weight Watchers because you don’t need to add much – if any – oil to cook your food. Just a quick spritz of olive oil (I’ll give you my reco down below for a sprayer) will take care of most everything! I’ve made everything from a fried egg to meatloaf to banana bread in my air fryer – and all Weight Watchers-friendly!
Points – where listed – are for previous color plans. Be sure to check your personalpoints plan to see where these are at for you.
- Weight Watchers Air Fryer Side Dish Recipes
- Weight Watchers Air Fryer Main Dishes
- Weight Watchers Air Fryer Breakfast
- What is the best air fryer?
- How do you brown food in an air fryer?
- Air Fryer FAQs
- Weight Watchers FAQs
- Other Resources for Air Fryer & Weight Watchers
- Best Air Fryer Accessories
Weight Watchers Air Fryer Side Dish Recipes
Air Fryer Asparagus – 0 points on all plans (Green/Blue/Purple)
Air Fryer Carrot Fries – 2 points on all plans
Air Fryer Cabbage – 2 points on all plans
2 Ingredient Roasted Air Fryer Cauliflower – 2 points on all plans
Zucchini Fritters – 2 Fritters – 4 pts Green, 3 pts Blue & Purple
Weight Watchers Air Fryer Main Dishes
Air Fryer BBQ Meatballs – 2 pts Green, 1 pt Blue, 0 pts Purple
Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers – 1.5 peppers – 2 pts Green, 1 pt Blue/Purple
Air Fryer Crab Cake – 1 cake – 4 pts Green, 3 pts Blue/Purple
Air Fryer Salmon Fillets – use sugar free bbq sauce – 4 pts Green, 0 pts Blue/Purple
Air Fryer Turkey Meatloaf – 5 pts Green, 4 pts Blue/Purple
Air Fryer Chicken Breast – 5 pts Green, 3 pts Blue/Purple
Air Fryer Turkey Meatballs – 5 pts Green, 4 pts Blue/Purple
Air Fryer Tilapia – 6 pts Green, 4 pts Blue/Purple
Air Fryer Pork Chops – 7 pts Green, 6 pts Blue/Purple
Air Fryer Chicken Tenders with Buffalo sauce
What is the best air fryer?
Oh heck – they’re all good! All air fryers are convection ovens that circulate hot air around the food which heats it more quickly and without oil.
They’re so good – I have two air fryers! Why? Well – there are two kinds of air fryers and I like having both. Most air fryers do much more than air fry – they bake, reheat, broil and even dehydrate! But really – it’s about the air frying.
- Basket Air Fryer – These have a basket with a handle that pulls out. Often times these air fryers are deep and square in shape. Here are some things I love about the basket style:
- The air fryer basket is deep so you can do something like a whole chicken!
- They hold the heat really well – so if you have to do batches – they go quick.
- LOOK FOR: an easy to clean tray – these can be a pain to clean. Check to see how easy it is to remove and re-insert the tray and think about hand washing it.
- RECO: Go for a bigger one! These are pretty affordable now so just get a bigger one. I like to cook meals in them (i.e. chicken & veggies at the same time) – so it’s helpful to have more space.
- Oven Air Fryer – These are more like a toaster oven style with a door that pulls down in front.
- The oven style are more open and tend to have a larger tray. This allows you to do bigger items, use the rotisserie or fewer batches.
- Things to look for:
- Be sure to get one that goes up to at least 400 degrees
- Get one with a digital readout – it’s nice to be precise with time & temp vs the dial kind
Best Air Fryer Accessories
Here’s my ultimate list of best air fryer accessories – whether you have a basket- or oven-style! I’ve also included a price guide as well as my favorite recipes for those accessories.
How do you brown food in an air fryer?
A spritz of olive oil will help foods brown – so it’s super healthy! Olive oil is a little thicker and there are a ton of sprayers on the market. I’ve found the best one is the Pam non-aerosol olive oil spray from the grocery store for $3. When it runs out, I re-fill with my own olive oil.
- I’ve tried fancy ones and they just clog or don’t work well.
- Don’t use non-stick aerosol cooking spray – it make the nonstick get sticky and gunked up.
Air Fryer FAQs
A lot of folks in Weight Watchers groups are talking about buying air fryers to help with cooking healthier. Here are some FAQs if you’re new to air frying:
Is the air fryer good for weight watchers?
Definitely! I found it to be one of the best tools to aide in healthy eating. You can pretty much avoid oil at all turns. If you do need to use oil – it’s just a tiny spritz!
How is the cook time different for frozen foods compared to oven?
I recommend same temp as the “box” recommends and half the time. Start there and you can add a couple of minutes.
When do you clean your air fryer?
I clean the basket at least every other use – depending on what I’m cooking. Then every 5 or so uses, I wipe out the inside and the element with a wet paper towel.
Are air fryers healthy?
Well – it depends on what you’re making – but you do use a lot less oil – so that’s great. You do still need to spritz items with EVOO so they brown – not everything – but anything breaded.
What do you use for breading in an air fryer?
I usually do flour/egg/panko – but to be more WW friendly – skip the flour and just do egg white and panko – still crunchy! Panko is more WW friendly than breadcrumbs.
What can’t you make in an air fryer?
Be careful with liquid items – batter doesn’t really work. I’ve made scrambled eggs and fried eggs but tried a quiche – and that was a bit of a fail! hahaha. You see the air fryer circulates AIR – and AIR blows things around! hahah
Weight Watchers FAQs
How does Weight Watchers work?
Based on your height, weight and age – you get assigned a number of points. Then every food has a point value. Voila – you don’t eat too much! There are also some foods that are zero points – woohoo!
What Weight Watchers Plan is Best?
They’ve just switched to a Personal Points plan where every persons plans are unique. Previously on the Freestyle plan, there were three plans: Green, Blue and Purple. Purple had the most free foods and fewest smartpoints – Blue had a few less and Green had the fewest zero point foods. That is the nice thing about Weight Watchers – it’s very customizable to what fits you. There’s no food you cannot eat – which makes it very flexible.
How much does Weight Watchers cost?
The lowest digital only plans are less than $3.50/week. They also always have specials going on so I recommend checking it out online!
Other Resources for Air Fryer & Weight Watchers
If you’re looking for even more air fryer fun – be sure to join my Facebook group for Easy Air Fryer Recipes and subscribe (button is on the top right) to my email list.
Be sure to email me along the way with your journey – I’d love to have some WW Friends to keep up with!