Jazz up plain tomatoes in your air fryer just by adding a little cheese and fresh basil! It brings out the best in the tomatoes and is ready in minutes!
We’re approaching summer when tomatoes are the mainstay of my diet – I’ll eat Caprese salad 3-4 nights a week in the summer! I tried these tomatoes with a few kinds of cheese – just to give you options!
How do you make Air Fryer Cheesy Tomatoes?
So I tried these Air Fryer Cheesy Tomatoes with three different toppings:
– Straight Parmesan (top left)
– Fresh Mozzarella Pearls (top right)
– 3-Cheese Italian blend of Mozzarella, Provolone and Parmesan (bottom)
Then you air fry them for 5 minutes – that’s it!
My favorites were the Fresh Mozzarella and the 3-cheese blend. I felt like the Parmesan wasn’t melty enough. I used fresh basil – but you could also use dried if you don’t have any. I might add a little olive oil if I just used dried.
There isn’t anything tomatoes and fresh mozzarella can’t make better for me. It’s so fresh and light. If you’ve never tried fresh mozzarella – it’s SO DIFFERENT than the normal block mozzarella you’re used to. It’s much lighter and has a totally different texture – more springy. I love it!
What do you serve with Air Fryer Cheesy Tomatoes?
These are a great side for any meal – here’s a few of my favorites:
What other easy air fryer veggie dishes do you have?
Air Fryer Cheesy Tomatoes
Jazz up plain tomatoes in your air fryer just by adding a little cheese and fresh basil! Air Fryer Cheesy Tomatoes bring out the best in the tomatoes and is ready in minutes!
- 1 tomato large
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese shredded
- 2 tbsp Mozzarella cheese or Fresh Mozzarella pearls
- 4-8 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
- Slice the tomatoes into 1/4″ slices and lay in air fryer basket.1 tomato
- Top each slice with one basil leaf and enough cheese to cover the top.2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, 2 tbsp Mozzarella cheese, 4-8 fresh basil leaves
- Air fry at 350 for 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Lightly sprinkle with coarse sea salt and serve1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
Serving: 1sliceCalories: 71kcalCarbohydrates: 2.5gProtein: 6.7gFat: 4.1gSaturated Fat: 2.5gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 392mgPotassium: 109mgFiber: 0.6gSugar: 1.2gCalcium: 78mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply