How to make air fryer donuts? (aka How to make Chinese Buffet Donuts? aka How to cook canned biscuits in an air fryer?)
Are air fryer donuts good?
I should mention too – you can leave the biscuits whole or you can cut them in quarters and have little donut bites! They’re buttery, sugary little nuggets of delight! I promise you’ll have these donuts every week after you try them!
Air Fryer Copycat Chinese Buffet Sugar Donuts
- 1 can cheap biscuits (not flaky)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
How to cook Air Fryer Copycat Chinese Buffet Sugar Donuts
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put sugar in a shallow bowl; set aside.
- Remove the biscuits from the can, separate them, and place them on the baking sheet.
- if you want donut bites, cut each biscuit into four pieces
- Spray donuts with cooking spray or olive oil from a spritzer
- Place biscuits in a single layer in the air fryer (try to keep them from touching – if you have more biscuits than will fit in your air fryer – you’ll have to do two batches)
- Close the air fryer and set to 350°F. Cook, 3 minutes. Open air fryer, flip biscuits and cook 3 minutes more
- While biscuits are air frying, melt butter in microwave and pour into a bowl
- Transfer biscuits to the baking sheet.
- Toss biscuits in melted butter bowl
- Move biscuits to sugar bowl and toss to coat heavily
- Serve warm
– You can mix cinnamon into the sugar if you like
– If you have a large air fryer, you can do them all in one batch
– It’s much easier to toss the donuts if the butter is in a bowl and use a spoon for tossing