How do you make healthy fish tacos? How to marinate fish for the air fryer?
What is the Best Fish to use in Air Fryer Fish Tacos?
You can use any white fish for air fryer fish tacos but I prefer tilapia. It’s an affordable fish that absorbs the marinade flavor easily. Other fish that would be good are halibut, cod and even pollock.
I really loved these air fryer tilapia tacos – tilapia is such a light fish and it absorbs the marinade and adds so much flavor!
What to serve with Air Fryer Tilapia Fish Tacos?
You can find all of them in my Air Fryer Recipes section or in my Air Fryer Facebook group!
You can also check out all of my easy Air Fryer Recipes! I have side dishes, main dishes and desserts! They’re yum!
Air Fryer Healthy Fish Tacos
How to cook Air Fryer Healthy Fish Tacos
- Marinate tilapia for a minimum of 4 hours in Mojo Criollo Marinade – (or your favorite citrus based marinade)
- Place tilapia filets in air fryer and cook at 350 for 12 minutes
- While tilapia is air frying, prepare vegetables and toppings
- lay out tortillas
- quarter a lime
- slice an avocado
- shred 1/4 of cabbage head
- break off 1/4 of queso blanco and crumble
- 2-3 tbsp salsa
- 10 jalapeno slices
- 2-3 tbsp jalapeno ranch
- Once fish is done, remove and set on plate
- Place tortillas in air fryer with a light spritz of non-stick spray on each tortilla and air fry at 350 for 3 minutes
- While tortillas heat up, shred fish
- Once done, remove tortillas and put together your tacos!
– Shredding the fish makes it go further and create more tacos
– If you don’t have cabbage, you can also use lettuce