How do you make Boneless Pork Chops in Creamy Garlic Spinach Sauce?
Next up – saute the mushrooms, onions, garlic and seasonings – LOTS OF GARLIC! This will make your whole house smell amazing!!!!
Here’s more fun – add a little wine to the veggies! I don’t really drink – so I buy the four packs of little mini bottles of white wine for cooking – and I might take a swig or two – that’s really enough for me! Once you add the wine, scrape up all the brown bits on the pan and let this reduce a little.
Then you finish it up by adding cream and butter. Once that’s all bubbly – add some frozen spinach. I was going through the freezer and found 3 packs of spinach and decided I needed to start using them! Once it thaws – I just grabbed a handful, squeezed out the water over the sink and popped it in the sauce. Then I sprinkled in a little bit of Parmesan cheese – but not much.
After that – the pork chops go back into the sauce! I made angel hair pasta alongside this dish – so it was done about the same time as my chops & sauce!
That little bit of paprika flour adds a lot of flavor and beautiful color to this dish. I could not wait to dig in to my dinner!
What to serve with Boneless Pork Chops in Cream Garlic Spinach Sauce?
Boneless Pork Chops in Creamy Garlic Spinach Sauce
- 1/2 box angel hair pasta
- 2 boneless pork chops
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup yellow onion, minced
- 4 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 3 Teaspoons jarred minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup white wine (alternative: chicken broth)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 stick salted butter
- 1/3 package frozen spinach, thawed
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese, optional
How to cook Boneless Pork Chops in Creamy Garlic Spinach Sauce
- Mix together flour, paprika, salt and pepper in a large plate
- Place boneless chops in ziplock bag and seal. Using the nubby side of a meat tenderizer, pound chops to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Heat large pot with water to boiling and cook according to package directions. (Pasta should be ready while your sauce is finishing)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Rinse chops with water then bread with flour mixture
- Sear chops in the hot pan, for 2-3 minutes on each side depending on the thickness, or until cooked to your liking. Temp check to 145 degrees. Once done, remove pork chops from the pan and set aside.
- Melt butter in the same pan. Add mushrooms and cook 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, onion, basil, oregano, salt and crushed red pepper and stir-fry until fragrant, about one minute.
- Add in white wine and allow to reduce a little.
- Reduce heat to low heat, add the heavy cream and butter. Bring the creamy sauce to a gentle simmer.
- Squeeze water out of thawed spinach by taking a handful of it and squeezing it over the sink. Sprinkle spinach into the sauce and add the parmesan cheese. Allow sauce to simmer for a further minute until cheese melts through the sauce.
- Add pork chops back into the pan to reheat and spoon the sauce over each pork chops.
- Serve over angel hair pasta.