I love when restaurants have a healthy menu – and The Cheesecake Factory has a whole Skinnilicious menu! One of my favorites is the Skinnilicious Chicken Pasta and I decided to make it at home!
This healthy chicken pasta is pretty simple – chicken breast with a very light breading then toss it with marinara, basil and tomatoes! But it’s delicious and on the table in 20 minutes! Yes! Winning!
So what ingredients are in the Skinnilicious Chicken Pasta?
The ingredients are pretty simple: pasta, chicken, fresh tomato, marinara and fresh basil. They list that it has Penne but that pic is Rigatoni – so let’s just go with a tubular pasta! 😉
How many calories in Skinnilicious Chicken Pasta?
The restaurant version has 590 calories – which is still “Skinnilicious” – but mine only has 531 calories! One serving of pasta is 2 oz – and that’s a little skimpy – so you could add more pasta – or cook two chicken breasts instead of one – and still have less calories than the restaurant version!
How to make Skinnilicious Chicken Pasta
This is definitely a quick and easy recipe but you have to juggle the parts all at once.
- Start your water boiling
- Then pound out your chicken with a meat tenderizer.
- Once you put the pasta in the boiling water – start sauteeing the chicken. (or pop it in the air fryer for 10 min)
- While those are cooking – dice up a tomato, heat up your marinara sauce and chop your fresh basil.
- Then drain the pasta, dice your chicken and toss with the sauce, tomato and basil! It only takes about 10 minutes!
Favorite Copycat Recipes
The first ten years of my blog were filled with restaurant reviews – so I love remaking some of my favorite dishes at home! Here are some of my favorite copycat recipes:
– Olive Garden’s Oven Baked Tortelloni Alfredo
– Olive Garden’s Chicken Scampi
Copycat Cheesecake Factory Skinnilicious Chicken Pasta
- 4 oz whole wheat penne 1 cup dry
- 1 chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tsp garlic & herb seasoning or Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tomato diced
- 2 cups marinara
- 5-6 basil leaves
- heat water on stove and boil penne4 oz whole wheat penne
- when you add penne to the water, heat oil in a non-stick skillet1 tbsp olive oil
- rinse chicken breast and pat dry. pound with smooth side of a meat tenderizer to even thickness1 chicken breast
- coat both sides of chicken with flour and garlic herb seasoning2 tbsp flour, 2 tsp garlic & herb seasoning
- place chicken in hot skillet and cook for 3-5 minutes, flip and cook 3-5 minutes more (temp to 165) (or air fry at 350 for 10 min)
- while chicken is cooking, dice tomato and heat 2 cups marinara sauce on stovetop1/2 tomato, 2 cups marinara
- drain pasta and remove chicken from skillet
- slice chicken into bite sized pieces
- chop fresh basil5-6 basil leaves
- in large bowl, toss pasta, chicken, marinara, fresh tomato and fresh basil and split into two bowls
Leave a Reply