I tried the Avocado Egg Rolls at Cheesecake Factory and loved them! Crunchy and limey – filled with avocado and tomato. I decided to recreate these at home by making vegan avocado wontons in the air fryer!
The avocado egg rolls from Cheesecake Factory are served with a cilantro dipping sauce. Now you’re saying – those aren’t egg rolls! Well there’s a reason for that!
How to make avocado egg rolls like the Cheesecake Factory?
First step to making these crispy treats is to buy EGG ROLL wrappers and not wonton wrappers! Haha – but hey – when life gives you wonton wrappers – make wontons!
I started out by making the cilantro dipping sauce and putting that in the refrigerator. Then you mix together your avocado/tomato filling ingredients.
Spoon a bit of your avocado mixture onto a wonton wrapper. The easiest way for me to make these is to dab a little water around the edges and lay another wrapper on top and then press the edges together. Then you’re done! No fancy rolling, edges, etc.
Now I know – they’re not just like the egg rolls at the Cheesecake Factory – but come on – same wrapper – same filling – roll with it!
Are these avocado egg roll wontons vegan?
Nasoya makes vegan egg roll and wonton wrappers and that happens to be the brand I use – so these avocado egg roll wontons are vegan! The sauce is NOT vegan – it is vegetarian though.
What is in avocado egg rolls?
These vegan avocado egg roll wontons have a delightful mix in the filling made with avocados, roma tomatoes, sweet onion, cilantro, limes and salt & pepper. The Cilantro Dipping sauce is made with cilantro, sour cream, a jalapeno, mayo, garlic, lime and salt & pepper.
If you’re looking for other vegetarian air fryer appetizer recipes – I’ve got you covered! I love these Buffalo Cauliflower Wings – they’re so spicy and cravable! I love these deep fried deviled eggs too – they’re so crunchy and creamy! And last – but certainly not least – these Jalapeno Cheddar avocado fries! I make them all the time!
Copycat Cheesecake Factory Avocado Egg Roll Wontons
Avocado Egg Roll Wontons
- Mix together dipping sauce ingredients and place in refrigerator until serving (you can make this ahead of time)3/4 cup cilantro, 1/3 cup sour cream, 1 jalapeno pepper, 2 tbps mayonnaise, 1 clove garlic, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1 lime
- Mix together all egg roll ingredients (minus wonton wrappers)2 large avocados, 1 roma tomato, 1/4 cup sweet onion, 2 tbsp cilantro, 1 lime, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper
- On a large cutting board, lay out 8 individual wonton wrappers
- Grab a small bowl with 1/3 cup water
- Spoon 1.5 Tablespoons of avocado filling onto center of a wonton wrapper16 wonton wrappers
- Touch edges of wonton wrapper with water
- Place 2nd wonton wrapper on top of avocado filling and press edges to seal
- Once sealed, spray with olive oil spritzer
- Air fry in a single layer at 350 for 5 min
- Flip, sprinkle with coarse sea salt, air fry 2 min more
- (Probably need to do 2 batches)
- Serve with refrigerated dipping sauce