This Chicken Casserole with Ritz Crackers recipe is one of the easiest you’ll find and so delicious! My friend Danielle came through BIG TIME with this one. This is her now-famous chicken casserole recipe is great with leftover chicken (or turkey) and comes together quickly – plus the topping is fun to make!Jump to Recipe
This chicken casserole is so basic – it pairs perfectly with a salad. It’s just a few ingredients and it’s all comfort food. Shredded chicken, cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, Ritz crackers and butter – does it get any better?!
If you don’t have shredded chicken – you can buy it pre-cooked – or make it yourself in the air fryer or the crock pot! I make this chicken at least once a month and keep the leftovers in the fridge for salads and recipes like this one!
How do you make Chicken Casserole?
- Grab your cooked chicken – leftover rotisserie is my favorite! Grab 2-3 cups of it and chop/shred it.
- Lay the chicken in the bottom of at least an 8×8 pan –
- In a bowl, mix together cream of mushroom soup and sour cream. Resist the urge to eat it with a spoon and spread it on top of the chicken.
- Next – have some fun and crush a sleeve of Ritz crackers all over the top of the casserole! I like leaving some chunks too!
- Melt a stick of butter and drizzle that over the top of the crackers.
- Finally – bake for 30 minutes and you’re done!
It’s great for a crowd or picky eaters. Throw together a salad on the side and dinner is served. I absolutely love this recipe and make it at least once/month!
I make the best “rotisserie” chicken at home – either in my air fryer or my crock pot! It makes the juiciest chicken – I shred it up and keep it in the fridge for salads, pastas and this recipe!
I like to reheat this in the oven or air fryer – mainly because of the cracker topping. You can definitely reheat in the microwave – but you might just want to add some fresh crackers after you take it out so it has that crunch factor!
Of course! I have added frozen peas and carrots many times (before you add the cracker topping) and it bakes just fine. You could also add broccoli, cauliflower or even green beans!
You could use reduced calorie cream of mushroom soup, lowfat sour cream or nonfat Greek yogurt and even lower fat Ritz!
Yup – I just LOVE mushrooms!
Yup – leftover turkey or ham would be great too!
Thanks to my friend Danielle and I hope you and your families enjoy!
What Can you Serve with Chicken Casserole?
Other Yummy Casserole Recipes
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken (1 rotisserie chicken)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 sleeve Ritz crackers
- 1/2 stick butter
Leave a Reply