I’ve been going to Olive Garden for at least 25 years and this Olive Garden Chicken Scampi has always been a favorite! You get seasoned chicken tenders, sauteed onions and bell peppers on top of angel hair pasta – all swimming in a garlic Parmesan cream sauce!
What You Will ❤️ About Olive Garden’s Chicken Scampi
- Comfort food – pasta, vegetables and a super light cream sauce – it’s so delicious!
- 30 Minutes! This dish goes from fridge to table in just 30 minutes!
- Garlic! This dish has so much garlic – oh man – but it makes the dish.
Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Scampi Recipe Ingredients
There’s so much delicious garlic flavor throughout this dish that make it my favorite!
- Boneless skinless chicken tenderloins
- Seasonings: salt, black pepper, Italian seasoning blend
- OPTIONAL: red pepper flakes
- Olive oil & butter
- Vegetables – I used red onion, orange, yellow and red bell pepper but you can also use green bell peppers
- White wine – I’m not a wine drinker so I just always have on hand – the mini bottles of wine to use in cooking
- Chicken Broth
- Parmesan Cheese
- Angel Hair Pasta
How do you make Olive Garden Chicken Scampi at home?
Olive Garden’s Chicken Scampi is definitely a very popular dish from Olive Garden and I love that I can make it at home!
- Boil pasta until al dente (2-3 minutes)
- Prep peppers, onions and garlic
- Dredge chicken breasts in flour mixture of 1 cup flour flour plus salt & pepper
- Saute chicken in hot skillet with a couple tablespoons of olive oil for 2-4 minutes on each side and set aside
- Add butter to skillet and scrape up those browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Saute veggies. Then remove veggies and set aside.
- In same skillet, add cream, wine, broth, garlic cloves, lemon zest & juice. Bring to a simmer and lower to medium heat. Add cheese and whisk together.
- Add chicken, veggies and pasta tossing in white wine sauce to coat well. Garnish with coarse sea salt and fresh parsley
Tips, Tricks & FAQs
Chicken Scampi is similar to shrimp scampi in that you have butter and garlic in the sauce. But chicken scampi also has lots of vegetables (like yellow bell pepper) as well as parmesan cheese and cream in the sauce. Then it’s served over angel hair pasta.
Pinot grigio, sauvignon blanc or chardonnay – something light and not sweet
But yes – if you want to make this without wine just substitute chicken broth – it still tastes delicious!
Store leftovers in an airtight container (I like these glass ones) in the refrigerator for up to a week. Reheat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes or in a skillet. If using a skillet, add a little water or chicken broth to the pan so nothing sticks.
Most dishes with cream don’t freeze well. This doesn’t have a ton – but the sauce may separate and the pasta might get mushy. So it’s not recommended.
Other Delicious Olive Garden Copycat Recipes
This family favorite isn’t the only delicious Olive Garden Recipe I have – here’s a few more favorites:
- Copycat Olive Garden Salad & Dressing
- Copycat Olive Garden Giant Stuffed Shells
- Copycat Olive Garden Shrimp Scampi
More yummy chicken & pasta recipes
Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Scampi
- 6 thin cut boneless skinless chicken tenders
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp butter
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1.5 bell peppers, mix of colors sliced
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 1/2 lemon juice & zest
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 mini bottle Sutter Home white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 12 oz angel hair pasta
- Boil pasta until al dente (2-3 minutes)12 oz angel hair pasta
- Cut peppers and onion and separate head of garlic into individual cloves6 cloves garlic, 1.5 bell peppers, mix of colors, 1/2 red onion
- If chicken tenders aren't thin, lay them between pieces of parchment paper and pound them to an even thickness (1/4-1/2")6 thin cut boneless skinless chicken tenders
- Place flour in a shallow dish and season with 1 Tbsp Salt and 1 Tbsp pepper and stir1 cup all purpose flour, salt & pepper
- Dredge chicken in flour.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in large skillet.2 tbsp olive oil
- Place chicken in skillet and cook over medium high heat for 2-4 minutes. Flip and cook for 2-4 more minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Add 4 tbsp butter to skillet and scrape put the brown bits from the chicken.4 tbsp butter
- Add peppers and onions. Season with salt and pepper. Saute for about 5 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Add cream, wine, broth, garlic cloves, lemon zest & juice. Bring to a simmer.1/2 lemon, 1 cup heavy cream, 1 mini bottle Sutter Home white wine, 1/4 cup chicken broth
- As it simmers and reduces – add cheese – grate right into pan a few tablespoons at a time and whisk into sauce.3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook down to about 1/2 the volume and whisk in remainder of cheese. Taste it – see how you like it!
- Add chicken, veggies and pasta tossing to coat well. Season with salt and parsley