Can you make Chicken Scampi without wine?
What I love about this Chicken Scampi recipe is the garlic white wine sauce from Olive Garden. It’s very light and I’m not a wine drinker – so I actually bought a four-pack of those mini-bottles of wine and used one.
You can make this without wine though – just substitute chicken broth – it still tastes delicious!
How do you make Olive Garden Chicken Scampi at home?
Other Delicious Olive Garden Copycat Recipes
Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Scampi Recipe
- 6 THIN cut chicken tenders
- 1 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp butter
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/2 orange, 1/2 yellow, 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 small lemon, juice & zest
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 mini-bottle Sutter Home white wine (187 ml – approx 3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan
- 12 oz. angel hair
How to cook Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Scampi
- Boil pasta until al dente (2-3 minutes)
- Place flour in a shallow dish and season with 1 Tbsp Salt and 1 Tbsp pepper and stir
- Dredge chicken in flour.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in large skillet.
- Place chicken in skillet and cook over medium high heat for 2-4 minutes. Flip and cook for 2-4 more minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Add 4 tbsp butter to skillet and scrape put the brown bits from the chicken.
- Add peppers and onions. Season with salt and pepper. Saute for about 5 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Add cream, wine, broth, garlic cloves, lemon zest & juice. Bring to a simmer.
- As it simmers and reduces – add cheese – grate right into pan a few tablespoons at a time and whisk into sauce.
- Cook down to about 1/2 the volume and whisk in remainder of cheese. Taste it – see how you like it!
- Add chicken, veggies and pasta tossing to coat well. Season with salt and parsley