Cheesecake Factory’s Chicken Costoletta is a delicious and light dinner that
you’ll love! Chicken Breast Lightly Breaded and Sautéed to a Crisp Golden
Brown. Served with Lemon Sauce, Mashed Potatoes and Fresh
chicken cutlets – but this recipe is decadent and so easy to make!
You’ll have this Crispy Chicken Costoletta on the table in 20
How do you make Chicken Costoletta?
The recipe for Chicken Costoletta was easy – I had a lemon cream sauce base
Cheesecake Factory’s Chicken Piccata recipe
– that sauce is more of a cheese sauce – so I swapped the Parmesan for Dijon
mustard. It’s really tasty – and the sauce doubles as a gravy on the mashed
cooking the tenders in butter first – but they burned. So I breaded a second
batch and used olive oil and that worked like a charm! You can see that
perfect golden brown! Yum! And because I used chicken tenders – they didn’t
take long to cook and were super juicy.
What do you serve with Chicken Costoletta?
minutes – so you need quick sides. They serve it with mashed potatoes and
asparagus – here are some ideas for you for sides:
Copycat Cheesecake Factory Crispy Chicken Costoletta
- 3/4 lb Boneless Chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup ritz seasoned coating mix (or breadcrumbs)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- zest from 1 lemon
- 5 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice (juice from 1 lemon)
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- Lay chicken tenderloins on cutting board and lay a sheet of parchment on top of chicken
- Pound chicken breasts to even 1/2” thickness – pound lightly
- Mix flour, salt and pepper in bowl
- Dredge in flour mix – then egg – then ritz crumbs
- Heat oil in hot skillet, add breaded chicken to skillet and saute for 3 minutes per side until golden brown. Watch closely and remove when golden. Set aside on plate.
- While chicken is sautéing, Over medium heat in a saucepan heat butter. Add minced garlic and sauté 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk in Dijon mustard and lemon juice.
- Add heavy cream and boil until reduced by one-third.
- Remove from heat.
- Place lemon sauce on plate and top with breaded chicken. Sprinkle fresh lemon zest over top of chicken.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and asparagus just like Cheesecake Factory! The extra lemon sauce makes a great gravy of sorts for the asparagus and potatoes.