Red Robin is a favorite of mine – those burgers, those steak fries and the Freckled Lemonade! That Freckled Lemonade is a great drink and so easy to make at home – all you need is a glass full of lemonade and fresh strawberries!Jump to Recipe
That’s actually one of my favorite things about Red Robin are their drinks! This copycat recipe for Freckled Lemonade is super simple and a great way to jazz up plain old lemonade!
Making a whole pitcher of this lemonade is easy peasy too – you can have it for everyone at the party – or just make a glass or two for you and a friend.
What is Freckled Lemonade?
Red Robin is one of my favorite restaurants – especially because of their fun drinks! This is their signature non-alcoholic beverage: the Freckled Lemonade. It’s a mix of Minute Maid Lemonade and strawberries!
It’s a light and refreshing drink – but it also jazzes up plain lemonade. I bought a big ol’ carton of lemonade and am so glad I have the recipe to use for the rest of the carton.
How do you make Copycat Red Robin Freckled Lemonade recipe?
It’s super simple! First – strawberries! You can use fresh or frozen. The ones in the drink at the restaurant are probably from frozen because they’re pretty limp. I used fresh because they were on sale and I also didn’t want to open a bag of frozen strawberries just for a few!
For fresh strawberries – just slice them up – sprinkle with sugar and refrigerate overnight. The next day you’ll have strawberries and a few tablespoons of syrup!
When you’re ready for your Freckled Lemonade – fill your glass 2/3 full with ice, add your sliced strawberry mixture and then top it off with Minute Maid Lemonade!
Push those strawberries to the bottom of the glass and mush them around. Stir everything together and enjoy!
Favorite Restaurant Copycat Recipes
Here are some of my other favorite springtime copycat restaurant recipes:
More Strawberry Recipes
Strawberries are a favorite – and you can obviously do more than add them to drinks – here are some of my favorite recipes:
Copycat Red Robin Freckled Lemonade
- 1/4 cup sliced strawberries with juices
- 3 cups Minute Maid lemonade
- 1/2 lemon
- You want to have a little "syrup" with your strawberries. If using frozen, thaw out a few strawberries and smash them with the back of a spoon. They'll disintegrate into a juice. If using fresh, slice strawberries a few hours ahead of time and sprinkle with a tbsp of white sugar. Refrigerate until ready to drink. This will make a syrup to add to the lemonade.1/4 cup sliced strawberries with juices
- In a tall glass, fill 2/3 with ice.
- Spoon strawberries and syrup over the ice.1/4 cup sliced strawberries with juices
- Pour lemonade over strawberries.3 cups Minute Maid lemonade
- Garnish with lemon wedge.1/2 lemon