They sell it by the PINT in the restaurants and you can order it online. But I came home and made my own – just to tide you over!
What’s in Cucumber Tomato Salad?
Can Greek Tomato Cucumber Salad be made ahead?
Partially – you can marinate the red onions ahead of time and that’s really the only time-consuming part of this healthy cucumber tomato salad recipe. I would wait until you’re going to serve the salad to put the rest of it together. Cucumbers and tomatoes are watery vegetables so you don’t want this to be together too much in advance otherwise it will get watery and mushy. But it goes together really quickly after that!
How long will Tomato Cucumber Feta salad keep?
What to eat at Taziki’s Mediterranean Cafe?
What to serve with this Healthy Tomato-Cucumber Salad?
Copycat Taziki’s Tomato-Cucumber Salad
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp Greek seasoning
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 large red onion
- 1 1/2 cucumbers (approx 6″ long)
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 7-8 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp coarse sea salt
- 4 oz feta, crumbled
How to cook Copycat Taziki’s Tomato-Cucumber Salad
- Mix together marinade
- Thinly slice red onion and separate all rings
- Place red onion in marinade and cover
- Refrigerate at least overnight
- Peel cucumbers and slice lengthwise
- Scoop out center of cucumbers (seeds/juice)
- Slice hollowed out cucumber into 1/2″ thick slices
- Place cucumber in large bowl
- Scoop onions out of marinade – do NOT discard!
- Add onions, tomatoes, basil and salt to bowl with cucumbers
- Toss vegetables together lightly
- Add olive oil to marinade mixture and whisk to make vinaigrette dressing
- Pour 1/4 cup of dressing over salad right before serving and toss
- Top with crumbled feta
– You can keep extra dressing and use on salads for up to 2 weeks
– Do not add dressing to vegetables until you are ready to serve
– Be sure to scoop out the insides of the cucumbers so your salad is not too watery
– Marinate the onions for up to 2 days – the longer, the better! The more pickled they will be!
Leave a Reply