How to make gravy with flour from scratch?
You’ll be shocked at how easy it is to make gravy for mashed potatoes. My step-daughter was coming over for dinner and – to be honest – I typically don’t eat gravy – but I know she likes it – so I figured it out!
I had chicken broth in the fridge so I was halfway there. To make this easy chicken gravy – you just heat up the chicken broth. While that’s heating, mix together flour & a little more broth – then add it to your boiling broth. It thickens up in seconds and you have easy chicken gravy made with flour!
See – I told you we had vegetables! These IKEA meatballs are a lifesaver too – I threw them in the air fryer while the potatoes were getting ready. They cooked in minutes! More air fryer love from me!
What to serve with Chicken Gravy?
Easy Chicken Gravy
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
How to cook Easy Chicken Gravy
- pour 1 3/4 cup broth into a small saucepan and heat to boiling
- sift flour & salt & pepper into a bowl
- in a separate bowl, whisk 1/4 cup broth with sifted flour
- slowly pour broth/flour mixture into boiling broth and whisk to smooth
- gravy will thicken quickly
- spoon out any chunks of flour that clump up
– Reheat leftover gravy in microwave