How do you make pumpkin bread without eggs?
This egg free pumpkin bread had such a beautiful orange pumpkin color and a great flavor. I went with chocolate chunks this time just for something fun and different. They were so chocolatey! But you could easily use chips or swap in chopped pecans if you’d rather have crunch than sweet. 🙂
Egg Free Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- 6 Tbsp softened butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
How to cook Egg Free Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream together butter & sugar with a mixer.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder & salt.
- Add dry mixture to the butter/sugar mixture and combine.
- Add the pumpkin and chocolate chips and mix together.
- Depending on how dry the mixture is – add applesauce gradually. It should mix together completely and be thick and not quite pourable. You may not need all of the applesauce.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes. Check doneness with a toothpick and be sure it comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and cool on a rack – be gentle with your delicious loaf of eggless chocolate chip pumpkin bread!