What is Spoon Bread?
How to jazz up Jiffy Cornbread:
Can Spoon Bread be made ahead of time?
Can you freeze Spoon Bread?
Yes!!! As you can see – this recipe made a LOT of spoon bread and I’m only one person! The dogs can only eat so much with me – so I popped it in the freezer then took it for lunch a few days later – heats up like a charm!
How do you reheat Spoon Bread?
How to tell when Spoon Bread is done?
How to make Spoon Bread with Jiffy Cornbread mix?
Loaded Farmhouse Spoon Bread
- 1 pound Maple Pork Sausage
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 orange/yellow pepper, diced
- 1 (8.5-ounce) package JIFFY Corn Muffin Mix
- 1 (14.75-ounce) can cream style corn
- 2 ears corn, shucked or 1 (15-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 oz brick cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
How to cook Loaded Farmhouse Spoon Bread
- Preheat the oven to 375° and spray an 9×13 dish with nonstick spray.
- Brown sausage, bacon and pepper in skillet (you might want to put bacon in pan first – for 1-2 minutes – then add sausage & peppers – you do NOT want the bacon crispy though)
- When you shred cheese, set aside 1/3 cup shredded cheese.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Stir the sausage mixture into the cornbread batter.
- Pour the mixture into dish.
- Sprinkle remaining shredded cheese over the top of the casserole
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until the spoon bread is golden brown and set.