I went for chicken thighs marinated in pickle juice and then cooked in my air fryer! They were amazing and versatile. You could have them on a little slider sandwich or like you would fried chicken with mashed potatoes and veggies.
How do you brine chicken in pickle juice?
After the brining – I coated the chicken thighs in mayo and then panko crumbs and into the air fryer! I think the mayo keeps the chicken extra juicy. In this recipe I used chicken thighs but you could easily use chicken breast as well.
Air Fryer Dill Pickle Chicken
- 3/4 pound chicken thighs (or 2 chicken breasts)
- 1 half empty jar dill pickles
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tsp salt
- cooking spray
How to cook Air Fryer Dill Pickle Chicken
- put chicken thighs in a ziploc bag and pour pickle juice over thighs until all chicken is submerged
- marinate overnight
- set out two plates next to air fryer – one empty and one with breadcrumbs and salt (stir lightly)
- remove chicken from bag one piece at a time and set on empty plate
- spread mayo onto chicken and spread all over piece – flip chicken and add a little more mayo so both sides are coated
- move chicken to panko crumbs and flip to coat
- spray chicken lightly on both sides with cooking spray and put into air fryer
- repeat for all chicken pieces
- cook at 350 for 6 min
- flip – and cook at 350 for 6 min more
– if using chicken breast – you may need more time – always temp your meat – chicken should be 165