These extra crispy air fryer chicken wings only have 5 ingredients: chicken wings, flour, Shake & Bake, salt & pepper – that’s it! And there’s no oil! Just toss and pop in the air fryer and you’re good.
How Many Wings Can You Put In the Air Fryer?
Now when cooking air fryer chicken wings – you need to think about the space in your fryer. I had 16 wings to cook and we fit 12 of them in the air fryer at once. You don’t need to have them just in a single layer – they can be in a pile – but you also don’t want the air fryer full. Somewhere in the middle. Then – in the temperature change break – you mix the chicken wings around to be sure all your little buddies are getting circulation and heat!
If you don’t want the chicken wings extra crispy just use regular Shake & Bake – but I thought these were just right! You can also add sauce to them after if you like – just take the wings out and toss them in your favorite sauce.
Now these wings are fantastic and I made some the next day that were Garlic Butter Parmesan Wings – so stay tuned for that recipe!
What Can You Cook In the Air Fryer?
Air Fryer Extra Crispy Chicken Wings
- 16 chicken wings
- 1/2 envelope Extra Crispy Shake & Bake
- 1 tbsp flour
- salt & pepper
- Salt & pepper the raw wings
- Toss in flour & Shake & Bake
- Cook 1/2 wings at a time (depending on the size of your air fryer – do not over fill basket)
- Cook at 360-375 for 11 min
- Turn wings and rotate in basket
- Cook at 400 for an additional 5 min
- Temp your wings to 165 degrees. Time may vary based on number of wings and your air fryer. The higher temp at the end gets them a little crispier so adjust accordingly.