I had everything in my cupboard already – which is a nice surprise! While I was making my teriyaki – I let the chicken defrost.
I always use the crock pot liners – they are such time savers! This recipe is great – you just plop your chicken in (I used boneless skinless thighs) and then pour the sauce on top.
Then, when you come home from work, remove the chicken, and pour the excess sauce into a pan. (Start the rice now too.) Bring it to a boil and add a bit of thickener and heat through.
And there you have it – Crock Pot Chicken Teriyaki. It was really easy and good too! Much better than the bottled stuff – especially knowing how easy it was to make! I hope you enjoy
Crock Pot Chicken Teriyaki
* 1-2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1/8 cup soy sauce
* 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
* 1/2 tsp ground ginger
* 1 tsp minced garlic
* 1/8 tsp pepper
* 2 tsp corn starch
* 2 tsp cold water
* cold rice
* Place chicken in crockpot on low
* Combine sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic and pepper. Wisk and pour over chicken.
* Cook on low for 4-5 hours until chicken is tender. Remove chicken and set aside.
* Place liquid into a pan and bring to a boil. While heating, shred chicken.
* Combine cornstarch & water and stir into pan of liquid until it is thick.
* Add chicken to sauce and mix well.
* Serve over rice.
Inspiration recipe here.