He loved bananas – but every now and then – he wouldn’t eat them in time so I would end up with some sad overripe bananas – so banana bread was getting made.
What do you do with old bananas?
How do you make banana bread without eggs?
First – you mash up your old bananas. If you have bananas that are not overripe – you can microwave them for 30 seconds and it basically liquifies them so they’re just right!
Then I creamed sugar & butter – not difficult to do. I always try and use softened butter for this – and then beat it for a few minutes.
So then you mix together your banana, butter/sugar and dry ingredients – mix mix mix and you’re ready to go into the pan (or muffin tin).
You bake your eggless banana bread for 45 minutes and it’s crusty on the outside, soft and delicious on the inside. This egg-free banana bread is ready for you and your loved ones! You can also add nuts or chocolate chips – if you’re feelin froggie!
What are other breads and desserts with no eggs?
Egg-free Banana Bread
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup softened butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch salt
- 3 ripe bananas
- Mash the bananas and set aside. Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream together butter & sugar with a mixer.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder & salt.
- Add dry mixture to the butter/sugar mixture and combine.
- Add the banana and beat together.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Cool on a rack.