How do you make chicken and dumplings with Bisquick?
I was so excited to dig into my Mom’s Chicken and Dumplings! She always made the dumplings with Bisquick and they are so light and fluffy! The recipe couldn’t be easier – mix together milk, frozen peas and carrots, rotisserie chicken and soup. Then you make the dumplings with just Bisquick and milk – drop them on top and let it simmer. I know this recipe is the EASIEST and BEST chicken and dumplings recipe I’ve ever tried – it’s why I’m sharing it with you!
Can you freeze Chicken and Dumplings?
Can Chicken and Dumplings be reheated?
What goes with Chicken and Dumplings?
Mom’s Chicken & Dumplings
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup frozen peas & carrots
- 1/2 rotisserie chicken, meat chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cans (10 3/4 oz) condensed creamy chicken mushroom soup
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1/3 cup (plus a splash) milk
How to cook Mom’s Chicken & Dumplings
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat 2 cups milk, frozen peas and carrots, chicken and soup to boiling.
- In small bowl, stir together Bisquick® mix and 1/3 cup milk until soft dough forms. If it’s a little dry – add the splash of milk. Drop dough by 9 spoonfuls onto chicken mixture.
- Cook uncovered over LOWEST heat 10 minutes. Cover and cook 10 minutes longer.