The best thing about dump cake is just how easy it is to make – and once you’ve tried it – you can really mix it up and do lots of combinations. I think for Christmas I’m going to make a cherry dump cake!
What is dump cake? How do I make dump cake?
Can dump cake be frozen? How to reheat dump cake?
This year – you should mix it up a little by making some new holiday desserts like this Pineapple Pumpkin Dump Cake. I’ll also be making my Mom’s Secret Ingredient Pumpkin Pie and my Mom’s Pineapple Stuffing – it’s sort of a cross between stuffing and bread pudding – everybody loves it! And if you’re looking for something even quicker try my 10 Minute Pumpkin Tiramisu – it’s egg-free and no-bake!
Pineapple Pumpkin Dump Cake
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick butter, melted
How to cook Pineapple Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray baking pan with nonstick spray. You can use an 8×8 or 9×13 – either will work – 8×8 will just be thicker and take a little more time to bake.
- Spread pumpkin across bottom of dish
- Sprinkle pumpkin pie spice on top of pumpkin
- Spread pineapple (drained) on top of pumpkin/spice
- Sprinkle 1/2 brown sugar on top of pineapple
- Pour cake mix (dry from box) over top of pineapple – evenly spread over pineapple
- Arrange pecan halves decoratively over top of cake mix
- Sprinkle remaining brown sugar evenly over pecans
- Drizzle melted butter over brown sugar trying to cover all of cake as best you can
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes