Weight Watchers Taco in a Bowl is an easy-to-make dinner that’s on the table in about 15 minutes! Ground turkey is easy to cook and takes on the flavor of the taco seasoning but saves lots of calories!Jump to Recipe
I crave taco salad – and love that I can still have it on Weight Watchers! This dish is very WW-friendly with only 5 points on Green and 3 points on the Blue or Purple plans. Plus you still have all the tasty bits of cheese, crunch and avocado!
What’s in a Taco in a Bowl?
All your favorite Taco salad items are in the Taco in a Bowl – with just a couple of twists to save on fat & calories:
- Ground turkey breast – you can use ground turkey or chicken but turkey breast has the lowest fat & calories
- Red pepper – I had 1/2 pepper in the fridge – so i thought I’d throw that in – you could also add in onions or green pepper!
- Taco seasoning – you can use a packet – but I buy the big jar and just scoop right out
- Romaine lettuce – you can also use iceberg
- Cherry tomatoes – quartered – or you can dice a tomato
- Reduced Fat Cheese – I don’t eat fat free cheese – not for me – but reduced fat still melts and tastes good
- Tostitos Avocado Salsa – this is a new favorite of mine – so delicious and a bit spicy
- Fat Free Greek yogurt – similar to sour cream but so much less fat & calories
- Tortilla strips – just a few tortilla strips add a good crunch
Tell me about Weight Watchers
Of course, you’ve heard of WW but what do you know? Are you a member? (Let me know in the comments!) It’s basically a portion control plan – all foods have points and based on your height & weight – you get a certain number of points. They also have three different “plans” – purple, blue and green – with varying lists of zero-point foods. I’m on green which has the fewest free foods – mainly because I need train myself to eat less.
How many points are in this Weight Watchers taco in a bowl?
On the purple and blue plans – it’s three points and on the green – it’s five points! Woohoo!!! For me – that means I can splurge a little and have some dessert!
Other Weight Watchers Dinners in a Bowl
Weight Watchers Taco in a Bowl
- In a non-stick skillet over medium high heat, add 1/4 cup water, ground turkey breast and diced red pepper
- Brown turkey until cooked through, breaking up along the way – add a little more water if you need to.
- Once browned, add taco seasoning and remaining 3/4 cup water.
- Stir and remove from heat.
- In 4 bowls, portion out romaine lettuce
- Top with taco meat, avocado salsa, cherry tomatoes, cheese, yogurt and tortilla strips