Weight Watchers Taco in a Bowl is an easy-to-make dinner that’s on the table in about 15 minutes! Ground turkey is easy to cook and takes on the flavor of the taco seasoning but saves lots of calories!
I crave taco salad – and love that I can still have it on Weight Watchers! This dish is very WW-friendly with only 5 points on Green and 3 points on the Blue or Purple plans. Plus you still have all the tasty bits of cheese, crunch and avocado!
What’s in a Taco in a Bowl?
All your favorite Taco salad items are in the Taco in a Bowl – with just a couple of twists to save on fat & calories:
- Ground turkey breast – you can use ground turkey or chicken but turkey breast has the lowest fat & calories
- Red pepper – I had 1/2 pepper in the fridge – so i thought I’d throw that in – you could also add in onions or green pepper!
- Taco seasoning – you can use a packet – but I buy the big jar and just scoop right out
- Romaine lettuce – you can also use iceberg
- Cherry tomatoes – quartered – or you can dice a tomato
- Reduced Fat Cheese – I don’t eat fat free cheese – not for me – but reduced fat still melts and tastes good
- Tostitos Avocado Salsa – this is a new favorite of mine – so delicious and a bit spicy
- Fat Free Greek yogurt – similar to sour cream but so much less fat & calories
- Tortilla strips – just a few tortilla strips add a good crunch
Tell me about Weight Watchers
Of course, you’ve heard of WW but what do you know? Are you a member? (Let me know in the comments!) It’s basically a portion control plan – all foods have points and based on your height & weight – you get a certain number of points. They also have three different “plans” – purple, blue and green – with varying lists of zero-point foods. I’m on green which has the fewest free foods – mainly because I need train myself to eat less.
How many points are in this Weight Watchers taco in a bowl?
On the purple and blue plans – it’s three points and on the green – it’s five points! Woohoo!!! For me – that means I can splurge a little and have some dessert!
Other Weight Watchers Dinners in a Bowl
Weight Watchers Taco in a Bowl
- In a non-stick skillet over medium high heat, add 1/4 cup water, ground turkey breast and diced red pepper
- Brown turkey until cooked through, breaking up along the way – add a little more water if you need to.
- Once browned, add taco seasoning and remaining 3/4 cup water.
- Stir and remove from heat.
- In 4 bowls, portion out romaine lettuce
- Top with taco meat, avocado salsa, cherry tomatoes, cheese, yogurt and tortilla strips