How do you make chicken legs in the air fryer?
These air fryer chicken legs have no breading – they don’t need it! I cannot even tell you how juicy they are! I loved the flavor and everything about these – they’re definitely a favorite and I’m going to make them all the time.
You can also do this same recipe with chicken wings, thighs or breasts. Wings take 17 minutes, boneless thighs only take 12 minutes and breasts will depend on the thickness – boneless should be around 15 minutes because they’re thicker and larger than a thigh.
Cooking chicken legs in the air fryer is super simple: marinate – air fry – eat! I like this marinade because it’s a little sweet, a little spicy but not overpowering and just all in all – makes the chicken so juicy! Plus – look at that color! It browns beautifully with no additional oil other than what was in the marinade.
They’re also a super easy entree to pair lots of fun things with – I’d love them with my copycat Mary Mac’s Macaroni & Cheese!
Looking for other air fryer recipes? Here are some of my favorites!
– Air Fryer Cilantro Lime Breaded Shrimp – these crunchy little guys are so delicious!
– Air Fryer Hamburgers – finally a way to make hamburgers with no grease splatters!
– Air Fryer Steak & Asparagus – steak in the air fryer is a game changer!
You can also join my air fryer facebook group – we’re always sharing new recipes there as well.
Air Fryer Chicken Legs
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 chicken legs
How to cook Air Fryer Chicken Legs
- mix together brown sugar, red pepper, cumin, paprika, garlic, lemon juice and olive oil in a gallon ziplock bag
- add chicken legs and marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes (the longer the better)
- air fry at 400 for 10 minutes
- open air fryer – flip and turn chicken legs
- air fry at 400 for 10 minutes more
- be sure to use a meat thermometer and check temperature to 165