Taco Stuffed Avocados are a great dinner idea that the whole family will love and it’s ready in less than 30 minutes! Creamy avocado filled with your favorite taco filling and dipped in crunchy tortilla chips! Yum!
I love avocados anyway – and scooping out a little of the insides to stuff it full of taco goodness only makes them better! You can also bake these in the oven but I had to use my air fryer – and I even “fried” the bottoms for an extra crunch!
How do you make stuffed avocados?
It’s not too hard – first you slice your avocado in half and take the pit out. If you don’t have a fancy avocado tool – you can use a chef’s knife (something heavy) – hold the avocado in your hand and then tap the blade firmly into the pit (don’t cut yourself) – and then turn and the pit will pop out.
After the pits are out, score the peel on the avocado just slightly. Then pull the skin off the avocado – they’ll peel very easily – just don’t grip the avocado too tight or you’ll mush the sides.
Last step is to scoop out a little extra of the avocado to make a larger spot for stuffing. I just used a small spoon and scooped around the opening.
Then you stuff with your favorite filling! For this, I made taco stuffed avocados!
How do you fry an avocado in the air fryer?
I breaded and “fried” the bottoms of the avocado as well! You don’t have to do this step but it adds another layer of crunch! I put sour cream in a small bowl and crushed tortilla chips in another bowl. Then I held the sides of the avocado gently – and dipped the bottom into sour cream and then into the crushed chips!
From there – put them straight into the air fryer and spoon your stuffing in so it doesn’t spill out. I was cooking for one (plus the dogs) – so I only made two avocados. I will say – one avocado (both halves) was plenty for me! You can also bake these at 350 for 20 minutes.
Other Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Taco Stuffed Jalapenos
- Air Fryer Stuffed Tomatoes
- Air Fryer Jalapeno Cheddar Avocado Fries
Air Fryer Taco Stuffed Avocados
- 4 avocados
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 bunch scallions sliced
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup cojack cheese small dice
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/3 cup tortilla chips crushed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef and scallions breaking it up with a wooden spoon, and cook until browned and cooked through, 8 minutes.
- Stir in taco seasoning and water. Stir until sauce forms and thickens.
- Slice avocados in half and remove seed.
- Peel avocados. When you’re holding the avocado half – you can use your knife to score the avocado on one end. The skin should peel right off like an orange. Just be gentle so you’re not squeezing the avocado.
- Scoop out a little extra from the pit area to make a nice round space in each avocado
- Dip base of avocado half in sour cream and then in crushed tortilla chips
- Place avocado halves, chip side down, in air fryer
- Spoon taco meat into each avocado half
- Take 2-3 small diced pieces of cheese and push them down into the taco meat.
- Top with remaining crushed chips
- Air fry at 350 for 10 minutes
- Remove avocados from air fryer and serve with sides of sour cream, tomatoes and green onions
Leave a Reply