Cheesecake Factory’s Spicy Chicken Chipotle Pasta is a favorite of mine – it’s got tons of veggies but is also cream and yum! This copycat recipe of the chipotle chicken pasta will surely be a family favorite – and even make the kids like asparagus!
I also have a couple of great tips for making chicken in the air fryer! Man oh man – it’s delicious!! Honey garlic glazed chicken that’s delicious enough to be a dish on its own.
Is Chipotle Seasoning Hot?
Yup. I tried a couple of different chipotle seasonings for this dish – the canned chipotle in adobo sauce and the chipotle pepper seasoning powder. I went with the seasoning powder because I could control it more easily. The peppers in the can are REALLY spicy – so if you go that route – I would only use one. I also felt they added a bitter taste that I didn’t care for.
How do you make the Spicy Chicken Chipotle Pasta?
There are a few steps for this dish – first up is the chicken. You can do the chicken on the stovetop but I recommend the air fryer if you have one! For the stove top, heat your pan and rub the chicken with garlic and saute your chicken breast. Then – at the end – for the last minute – brush both sides with honey. Any sooner and the honey will burn. If you have an air fryer (omg – so easy!!) – rub garlic on the chicken and brush with honey – then air fry at 375 for 12 minutes. You will be shocked at how deliciously juicy air fryer chicken is!!!!
While your chicken is cooking – you can get boil your penne pasta – easy peasy. Once the chicken is done – set that aside and saute the vegetables (asparagus, peas, onions and peppers). Set those aside.
Finally – when everything else is ready – make your alfredo – it comes together very quickly! Then mix it all together!!! Chop your chicken and the chicken, pasta and veggies to the alfredo – toss and serve!
How do you make a Spicy Alfredo?
The base of this recipe is a Parmesan Cream Sauce – guess what – that’s Alfredo! You’ll be shocked at how easy Alfredo is to make! Start with butter and flour in a saute pan – and then you add milk and cream – whisk whisk whisk! As it thickens, add your FRESHLY grated Parmesan (please grate it fresh – it’s so much better!) and voila – your alfredo is done!
To make it spicy – add your favorite spicy seasoning! For this recipe, I used chipotle pepper seasoning but you could also spice it up with cayenne or chili powder.
What to serve with Spicy Chicken Chipotle Pasta?
The nice thing is this dish has nearly everything – carbs, veg and protein! What does that leave? Dessert!!!! While I haven’t mastered Cheesecake (it is from Cheesecake Factory) – I do have some yum!
- Cherries in the Snow (no bake Cherry Cheesecake)
- Carnival Cruise’s Warm Chocolate Melting Cake
- Chuy’s Tres Leches Cake
Copycat Spicy Chicken Chipotle Pasta
Parmesan Cream Sauce
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tsp chipotle chili pepper seasoning
- Pound chicken breasts to even thickness between parchment
- Rub minced garlic on chicken breasts
- While chicken is cooking, prepare Penne according to package directions
Stove Top – Chicken
- Heat skillet with olive oil over medium
- Saute over medium until chicken is done (flipping halfway)
- Once chicken is done (temp check to 160) – brush lightly with honey on each side and saute 1 min on each side
Air Fryer – Chicken
- Using a basting brush, baste both sides with honey
- Air Fry at 375 for 12 minutes Flipping Half way thru
After Chicken is Done
- Remove chicken from pan/air fryer and set aside
- In skillet, over medium high heat, add 3 tbsp butter to melt
- Add vegetables (asparagus, onion, peppers, peas)
- Saute for 5-7 minutes
- Remove veggies from pan and set aside
- In same pan, add 3 tbsp butter over medium high heat
- Once butter melts and flour and whisk continuously to make a rue
- Whisk in milk and cream – keep whisking- sauce will thicken in 1-2 minutes
- Whisk in cheese and chipotle seasoning
- Remove from heat
- Dice chicken and drain pasta
- Add chicken, vegetables and pasta into the sauce and toss to coat
- Serve in 4 bowls and top with wonton strips