Lean Cuisine makes a ton of delicious light and healthy frozen meals and the Chicken Ranch Club Flatbread Melt is my #1 favorite! Soft and fluffy flatbread topped with white meat chicken, bacon, cheese and ranch – hell yeah!
The tricky thing about creating a copycat of a well-known “light” recipe is that I can’t just throw the best and tastiest ingredients in there – I need to think about the nutritional element! I like the Chicken Ranch Club Flatbread because it’s simple ingredients and I could go with “whole foods” for the most part.
I came in REALLY close to the nutritional levels! Same calories, a little higher fat, double the fiber, 50% more protein and nearly half the carbs! I’m good with that!!! (Full nutrition in the recipe.)
How do you make the Lean Cuisine
Chicken Ranch Club Flatbread Melt?
– Flatbread – I’m super picky on flatbread – especially for this – I knew it had to be soft and healthy. I spent a few extra calories on the Kontos brand which actually added protein!
– White meat chicken – I chose the Oscar Mayer pre-cooked grilled chicken strips
– Bacon – I eat a lot of bacon and have recently become addicted to making air fryer bacon! I took a couple of slices of bacon – 1 slice for dogs, 1 slice for flatbreads! You’ll see too – my bacon is much better than the one on the Lean Cuisine version!
– Tomato – that’s easy – 1/2 diced tomato
– Cheese – I know Lean Cuisine had yellow and white cheese – I kept it simple by just using one wheel of Babybel cheese. You could save more fat/calories by using their Light Babybel!
– Ranch – lastly – a dab of fat free or low-cal ranch
Copycat Lean Cuisine Chicken Ranch Club Flatbread Melt
How to cook Copycat Lean Cuisine Chicken Ranch Club Flatbread Melt
- Preheat oven to Broil – LOW
- Lay out flatbread on non-stick cookie sheet
- Top half of flatbread with chicken, bacon, tomatoes, cheese and ranch
- Broil on low for 5 minutes until cheese is melted
- Remove from oven and fold over